Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c270393e287393d3075286296c79039eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Generic Jedi Project [WIP]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonAment (Jason Ament)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: My Generic Jedi Project [WIP] Reply with quote

I'm getting started on my Generic Jedi costume and I would love any feedback about getting items approved.

So far I've got the following:

1. Lightsaber:
Saber Forge Sentinel (https://saberforge.com/collections/apprentice-sabers/products/sentinel) I'm getting the "weathered" version and will be making a few updates to enhance it a bit. I am painting the emitter to look brass. It will have a Brown leather grip instead of black. I will be painting the center section back to original black. I think it makes it look a lot less generic. Here's a before and after shot that I did in MS Paint.
Before:

After:

2. Food Pellets

3. Boots (http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/anakin-adult-boots.html)
a. This is going to get a lot of weathering to make them look a lot more authentic.
4. Belt (got one off of Etsy. We'll see what it looks like and if it needs weathering.)

5. Simplicity 4450 (I know it needs edits... stay tuned.)[/img]
Baris_Alrisul ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason! These pieces look good far. As a tip, it's usually more effective to post WIPs in the main costume sections rather than in the Base subforum, since the judges don't generally look in individual base subforums to give feedback. Regardless, though, good work so far!

Charter Review Committee US Representative
KJO Costume Captain for the Prequel Trilogy
DL of Eadu Delegation
Pride Squadron Mod

Leia (Senatorial, Ceremonial, ESB, and Issue 12 Jedi)
Resistance X-wing Pilot (Human/Pantoran TFA and Briefing Room)
Generic Jedi (Human/Pantoran)
Depa Billaba
Amilyn Holdo
Jawa
JasonAment (Jason Ament)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baris_Alrisul wrote:
As a tip, it's usually more effective to post WIPs in the main costume sections rather than in the Base subforum, since the judges don't generally look in individual base subforums to give feedback.

Thanks... old guy noob mistake.

New post is located here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1072302
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: