About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=345b5d6dc3b25d1daceb0e916219611dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Robins AFB request for characters
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Robins AFB request for characters Reply with quote

This was posted on the SWGA forums that I'm on. They're a Georgia based Star Wars fan club that I'm in. We did a parade down in Warner Robins, and one of the spectators contacted us for an event in March. It is open to Rebel Legion (and 501st) members. It sounds like a really cool event. More info will be posted as soon as it comes in.

I'm definatly going to this one. Sounds like a LOT of fun! woo hoo

[Robins AFB contacted us thru the WR chamber of comm. after seeign our outstanding preformace in the christmas parade on Saturday. They are having an space program at the Air Museum on the 29th of March. An All day event with over 300 attendes excepted.

So what this means for us, is that they would like for us to come out and take pictures with the kiddies. This is a major event for SWGA. We need al the turn out we can muster. We got plenty of lee way, we can plan well for this one.]

Last edited by Funky Buns (Daphne Collier) on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! Mr. Green

Beth
Cam R'Mala (Lamar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be able to make it to this, too... I'll be sure to let you know sooner to time, Daphne... Smile
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this on the SWGA forum. It's a event ( not as big as the one on the 29th for the space program) that is dealing with SW fans that are ages 9-14 yrs old at the RAFB robotics and legos event on Jan.5th.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:58 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just posted on the event calendar, but I just Talked to Martha Hartman, the EC at RAFB, and she said that for our 1st event on the 5th, she wants us there from 10am-12pm. The rounds of the 9-14yr old kids start at 9:20 for the legos challenge and the 2 hrs of "deadtime" is what they want us there for. The place is the hanger in the back of the main entrance, "Century of Flight". We are pretty much going to be concentrated there, until lunch, inwhich they have a cafe as well. They are doing robotics and some lego challenges and said if we can advertise and get more kids/school participation, they would really appreciate it. They will be donating a lump sum to a charity of our choice or just to one in our name. The lot of the kids she says will be anywhere form 50+ -200 kids, so come prepare for lots of photo ops ( like we aren't use to it) and of course Radio Disney will be there, and we are being advertised on that channel now, she told me. Of course the Houston news paper ans she's trying to get a local tv there too. Not a bad event for just 2 hrs. The more , the merrier.

Donations will be made to a charity of our choice or their's. Some on SWGA suggested:

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone that's a member on the 501st (Daph, D, J?) find out if anyone from 501st is going, and if so, what costumes? Same for RL.

This is a good chance to show what we can do...i think that a "costume call" of sorts will give us a good idea of what our crowd will look like.

This is "what we're about".....Thanx 4 your help.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some of the pics we got..

Why we do what we do....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
madhorizons (izzie)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I p'shopped this pic for ya'll...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Izzy. bow

Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Robbins AFB Reply with quote

Randy has finally burned the pics we took at the event. I have addresses for about 10 membes. If you'd like a CD of our pics, feel free to drop us a line.
Brenda
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenda, thanks for the CD! There are some really nice shots on there, especially of some individual costumes, RL and 501st.

A sampling (these are Brenda's, not mine):

I'm thinking that with the high participation from several SW groups and the variety of costumes represented, plus nice photos from several sources, this would make a good article for the Comlink. (On second thought, we could do an article on this along with the Cherry Blossom parade the following day.)

What do y'all think? I was only on the periphery of the planning so I probably wouldn't be able to write an accurate article, but I'm a pretty good proofreader/wordsmith (I have to do it a lot at work) and I would be happy to help on this.

Feedback?

Rah rah, Bespin!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lady Hal's been soooo desperately to get a hold of for the space program at RAFB contacted Nikki and is wanting us back this yr. Though it will be mainly RL & 501st, they'll send her the info on time and date I guess and will post as we get them. We had a wonderful time last yr and look forward to it this yr. We need any and everyone we can to help make this just as good if not better than last yr. This will be posted on RL and 501st boards. wink2

P.S since this takes place over a wide range of areas/buildings, we need a good bit of "nerdherders/handlers as well.

Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful news! The Robins AFB site says the date this year is March 28th.

www.museumofaviation.org

I might suggest inviting Florida and Alabama members to join us. Smile

[edit to fix typo]

Last edited by Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W) on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're contacting them as well. Hopfully we can get more rebel troops to mix in with us jedis and hopfully give 'em TKs a run for their $$

D-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can make it for this one. When we get closer I will know better.

BTW I created an account on the SWGA site weeks ago, but it still says I have not been validated yet.

Knights of the Jedi Order
The Jedi Assembly
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Wan wrote:
BTW I created an account on the SWGA site weeks ago, but it still says I have not been validated yet.
PM sent.
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: rafb Reply with quote

I'll put in on my schedule. I think Randy may have to work but that's what vacation is for!! I'm sooo excited! We had a blast last time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: