Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6e6d0b414f0349ce1f2ba240ae2bc11Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blaster / Prop Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I just had a conversation with former blaster builder, Boba Debt. I was doing some research into a ROTJ blaster to use in place of my ESB blaster for my ROTJ Han costume when I stumbled across some of Boba Debt’s work. His ROTJ blaster is a very nice and very detailed heavy replica! If you Google “Boba Debt” or “ROTJ Han blaster”, some of the pics that come up are of his work.
To keep this short I was able to track him down and emailed him. He told me that he hasn’t made blasters in a while because the market had died down when Master Replicas came around. However if there was enough interest in the Rebel Legion world (20-30 persons), he could probably come up with a limited run of ROTJ blaster kits (kits only). The down side is the cost would run between $200-400, depending on the price of the machining and the other down side of course is that you would need to build it once you got the kit. I posted the tutorial in another spot, but will re post along with this.
http://www.duplinnet.com/bobadebt/Tutorial%20Basic%20Blaster/han_e6_blaster_mauser%20prep.htm
I don’t know why, but the tutorial stops almost at the end… weird
The kit would include a Mauser (C-96), different piston kit, scope mount and parts and a fully machined scope with glass.
I guess it boils down to who might be interested in picking up a very accurate Han ROTJ blaster. I will most likely venture into building my own, hopefully with the help of Boba Debt and the tutorials he posted sometime ago.
In response to the statement that the tutorial is for the ANH blaster, respectfully, I promise you the bracket is for the ROTJ and though the long scope is pictured, the directions require you cut the Tasco scope pictured to a very short length. Also, the Flash is similar to the ANH version, but there are slight differences. Here is a great link to some pics of the different blasters, and the actual movie ROTJ blasters
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17008767@N00/

"Never tell me the odds."
MothMonty (Greg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone dealt with this supplier before? I'm looking for a ESB blaster kit for Luke.
http://www.kingofswords.com/Aresenal-Replicas/Empire-Strikes-Back-Han-Solo-Blaster.html
SteveSolo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have not had any dealings with this vendor. Please keep in mind that this is a kit you would need put together, and is made of resin which tends to break if not taken care of. The price is good.

Mine is metal, more expensive and a little more weight to it. 10 pounds to be exact. Here is the link to mine. http://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/swbanh.html

Hope this helps you.
MothMonty (Greg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'd love to have the real deal. Unless it is a Canadian vendor the chances of a real replica (even if it is deactivated) getting through customs is minimal. Even the with the MR blasters it is dicy. So unfortunately I will most likely have to stick to resin, or rubber.
Unless of course anyone knows of a replicate seller in Canada.
SteveSolo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blaster looks good to me. I think you will be great with that one. I'll do some checking with a few contacts I have to see what they know. Please PM me with your price range.
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mothmonty, have you tried the blastech blaster props? They are a metal replica - a complete non-firing unit - that don't weigh too much. I think they do ship to Canada.

You should check them out. Our local Solo got his blaster prop from them and I have got blaster parts from them in the past.

http://www.blast-tech.com

Otherwise, I would suggest looking for an airsoft mauser and do some modifications to it. That is what I did with mine. The airsoft ran me about $20 ( I think ), and the other blaster parts cost me about $60.

So, that is a cheaper solution, possibly.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MothMonty wrote:
Although I'd love to have the real deal. Unless it is a Canadian vendor the chances of a real replica (even if it is deactivated) getting through customs is minimal. Even the with the MR blasters it is dicy. So unfortunately I will most likely have to stick to resin, or rubber.
Unless of course anyone knows of a replicate seller in Canada.

I've got a small collection of MR blasters. I had no troubles getting them shipped to canada.

my vendors were brianstoys, starworld, redford, and toynk.

good luck
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, come to think of it, the last one I bought was this one, just a few months ago
(same seller; same price).. its still available

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370207934322

mine arrived in canada without incident Wink

good luck!

Last edited by Cobalt60 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you soem infor on using either the resin blaster pictured above from the actual vendor and not the person selling it in the link above or I have a hasbro blaster which was modded to look like the ESB one, makes noise
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's also this seller
http://www.doopydoos.com/star-wars-props-and-replicas-31-c.asp
I've dealt with them before. they did my belt tools.

unfortunately right now they just have the ANH kit - the ESB is out of stock.
MothMonty (Greg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Mauser airsoft gun can't be imported into Canada. So says two retailers I contacted. It was a good idea, more durable than resin and more affordable than the real deal.
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer.... sorry to hear that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpaceWolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my holster...definitely making more than one

not done yet...and figured id post it here.

oh, and one more thing. its adjustable. I've used Chicago screws on the holster attachment plate to the drop holster part like a safari-land or blackhawk holster rig.
SpaceWolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also note, King of swords owes me about 160 bucks for three swords i ordered in October of 2007 and after repeated attempts to contact them, and the refusal of my credit card company to reverse the charges after a certain time frame, i gave up with them in March of 08.

stay away!!!!!
SpaceWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update. Tristan traced my pattern and cut two holsters. one of them, and ill tell you why in person came out left handed.

Smile

but i think im getting better at sewing leather.

what do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: