Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5ebc15cc3f935a1b77c73ec506929422Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Besbin & Degobah Luke Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briankenobi (Brian Pauley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Besbin & Degobah Luke Issue Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I want to get some insight from fellow Luke members. So I picked up an anovos jacket, pants, and undershirt from a member here. The pants fit good but the medium jacket is too small. I also figured out that I can't use the pants for Degobah Luke since they ride so high. A friend of mine was approved as Degobah Luke in the past and I am looking to acquire that from him. The jacket he has fits me better, however, was never approved. I personally don't see this jacket getting approved since it is slightly off color from the pants. It does need a closure on the top, which I could do. His shirt is darker than the anovos shirt but was approved. I am posting links to the pics for people to check out. I have sent these to one of the Luke costume judges as well but would like some more input. If my friends jacket does not work, then I would need to get a large anovos jacket or take the anovos kit I have now to a seamstress and have them recreate it. Thanks in advance for the input.

https://flic.kr/p/2jZ7td8
https://flic.kr/p/2jZbZm5
https://flic.kr/p/2jZbZij
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this jacket seems to fit rather big on you. do you have pics with the anovos jacket?
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that jacket is pretty big on you...
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
Briankenobi (Brian Pauley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://flic.kr/p/2jZXyZt

Here is the anovos jacket on me. The problem is that I have less upper body monoverablity than a vader. I almost have to dislocate my shoulder getting out of it. Lol
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the waist is just a touch high (not much, though - it's a high-waisted trouser with a short jacket) and the sleeves are a bit long (welcome to my world), but it could work if you could wear it, probably. But if it's that tight in the shoulders, it won't work.

Perhaps you could get someone to take in the other jacket? It's LOT to take in, though. Shoulders need to come up, torso needs to be narrowed, and then the waist is too low.

I think you might be best served with another one, mate. Bummer.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? The Anovos jacket fits pretty much like it's supposed to; this is a very form fitting costume. (How Luke could fight in it is a good question, but he did).
But definitely avoid extra layers over the arms that will add bulk.
Maybe it will be possible to ease out a little extra at the shoulders? There should be a seam allowance to work with. Won't be much, but if you can get a few millimeters it might be enough to be wearable for you. And as mentioned, the sleeves will need to be shortened, but that's in the easier end of corrections to make.

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: