Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=258b3d3a59d6f1a274b109a63687adb0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello there! My Obi-Wan ROTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jigget ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Hello there! My Obi-Wan ROTS Reply with quote

Some photos of my Obi-Wan costume. Still need some proper boots, but otherwise done. And maybe a new and "working" lightsaber as well, but that's for the future. Very Happy

Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a judge, but I've been working on this build so I can see some things that need fixing.

The inner tunic collar is not wide and not pleated, so that's not approvable.

Your belt doesn't have all the silver studs in the right place. The food capsules on the front right should go behind the pair of studs.

Pouches should be hung on the main belt, not the outer belt.

Consult a judge as to whether the Outer Tunic/Tabard/Obi fabric is close enough to be approvable as it's not a very close match to the screen costume. Per the standards, it should be a crinkle fabric.

Consult a judge as to whether the lightsaber hilt is close enough for approval. You also need the correct saber clip.

The Obi needs to be redone; the fabric should be cut on the bias and needs to be bunchy.
Jigget ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info Very Happy It is really appreciated.
This costume was my first Star Wars costume, so I just used what I had at home, guess I was a bit too eager to get started XD I was not really going to apply with this costume, might try later and apply your advice for the next one I'll make.

What would you say about using the base things of the costume (robe, obi, tabards, inner tunic) for a Clone Wars version of Obi? Of course replace the belt, pouches and add gauntlets. Do you think it would be approved if I used those parts I already have?

And thanks again, it's really awesome to see someone helping a newbie out Smile
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could probably make that work rather easily!

I'm not as familiar with what the belt elements are on CW OWK, but given the CGI makes it a smoother more uniform surface on the tunics, this would be a fair real world analogue. Plus the animated collar on the Inner Tunic lacks pleats, so you're spot on there.

There is a different belt buckle though, it's a bow tie shape with no moving parts.
bmtn1111 (Matthew)
Devaron Base XO
Devaron Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get your wig from?

Devaron Base XO

501st Northeast Remnant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: