Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=73b94c75113cec3ee497c1843dd32506Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

new vs old CRLS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: new vs old CRLS Reply with quote

just checking on something:

On the old homepage, the X wing CRL printed out at like 8 pages and was heavily illustrated with photos, making it crystal clear what things were to look like, leaving no doubts how to do a certain part of the uniform.

I just checked the new CRL, and its a giant evolutionary step backward. The illustrations are gone, replaced with a partial shot of the main character.

Am I missing something here?

http://www.rebellegion.com/luke-skywalker-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-snowspeeder-x-wing-pilot/

Rghur DURgk'Hur: Warrior, Nomad, Hunter
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standards still have the pictures, but only the standards that are posted on the forum. The ones shown on the website don't have the reference pictures for some reason... Hopefully that will change in the future.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI: The CRL is not always 100 percent correct.
Confirm everything and don't just take what it says at face value.
I've seen mistakes get posted that can stay there for years.
I've also seen links posted to other sites for tutorials or references that have mistakes and bad info of there own.

Mistakes and misleading information like that just causes problems for everyone.
Some may argue that the CRL "is not meant to be an all inclusive source", but in my opinion, what does get posted there needs to absolutely be as accurate as possible or it's better not to post it at all.

David L.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I tend to agree.
When I was a GML I had a guy present his photos for his TK and it was spot on the CRL. Since that was my official go-to guide, he passed, and it looked great.

but if something is out of whack, or the description is oversimplified, it helps no one. Not everone creates a WIP thread, and I know from experience that many people feel very intimidated to get involved on the forums.

Rghur DURgk'Hur: Warrior, Nomad, Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: