Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=de8d115f42565c1fd7f7cad9a9645b4dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costume Submission Approval Timelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Snowspeeder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Costume Submission Approval Timelines Reply with quote

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place.

How long does the costume approval process typically take?

I realise that judges must be busy but I had the impression that costumes are usually approved within 2 weeks or so, or feedback would be given within that time.

My Luke Snowspeeder/X-Wing was submitted over a month ago (10th of Jan) and it’s been over 3 weeks since I responded to one question asked by a judge.

Don’t mean to rush, but I would like to know the status.

[“You will learn patience.”😅]

Costumes: Luke Skywalker
(Lars Homestead/Tatooine) | (Death Star Escape) | (X-Wing Pilot) | (Snowspeeder/X-Wing) | (Bespin Fatigues)
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a costume judge I tried to ensure that all pilot costume applications had a judge and were at least given a "your costume has been received" message within a day or two of being submitted (if not then I would take the application myself, even though I might have had a number of other applications that I was working on already). I liked to take no more than a week or two to get back to an applicant with any changes that might need to be done, though that could vary slightly depending on the activity of the other judges because I always liked to get feedback in case there was something that I might have overlooked, but I always tried to make it no more than two weeks. After the changes were made I'd try to let the application sit for no more than another week, maybe two weeks if there was a major question, before approving it (or asking for more changes if need be).

If a costume was fine on its first submission I would try not to let sit for any more than a week, but usually I'd get it approved within a few days. You do have to add in the time of the people who Photoshop the profile pictures, which can take a few days sometimes, depending on how swamped they are and how many of them are active at any given time.

So there's that if it helps any. How the process goes now I don't know, I have no idea what the time frame is now. But I have been told that the process has gotten slower since I left and has become a bit more frustrating. If nothing else, I would recommend sending a message to the person who has taken the lead judge of your costume and ask them what's going on.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your detailed response, Blue Banshee Leader.

I have reached out to the lead judge firstly by the email he contacted me on, then 3 weeks later by pm, then finally sought help here.

Update:

Have been contacted by the lead judge who is in discussions about one point on the costume.

Costumes: Luke Skywalker
(Lars Homestead/Tatooine) | (Death Star Escape) | (X-Wing Pilot) | (Snowspeeder/X-Wing) | (Bespin Fatigues)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Snowspeeder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: