Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1a1f3a00db30fc185565c18550ae4164Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Benthic Two Tubes (Rogue One) CRL draft w/pics - APPROVED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgb1016 (Melissa Branch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Benthic Two Tubes (Rogue One) CRL draft w/pics - APPROVED! Reply with quote

I've been working on my Rogue One Benthic build since last December, and he's finally ready to submit! I guess I should have started this thread back then lol. I collaborated on the CRL with RakoHardeen, the RL's first approved Edrio, and he is also a fellow Garrison and Base member.

Link to my pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fqXxSZ-63YdPTLWnMogx7NgCLGXgAg_I?usp=sharing

CRL:

REQUIRED ITEMS:

Helmet:
Rigid helmet shaped per reference pictures, painted in a simulated bone color. Eyes should be bright silver in color. Triangle section on the front of the helmet should be glossy, with the other sections of the mask finished in a satin or matte finish. Two black screws should be embedded into the helmet on the right and left of the front triangle, per reference. A central grey-black knob should be attached to the helmet in the top-rear, per reference. There is a gas mask style faceplate with dark blue/grey coloring with screen accurate markings, weathered with six vents and four circular ports.

Ear ‘muffs’ should be covered in dark brown suede or other rough-out material. Ear discs should be of a bright silver with greeblies per reference pictures.

Rear ‘disc brake’ should be centered and contact the rear of the helmet. It can be attached to the balaclava for easier wear. This should be modeled per reference with heavy weathering.

Tubes:
Silver and black weathered tubes, roughly 3/4", should attach to the front of the mask and extend slightly below the belt and attach behind the costumer's back, covered by the backpack. The tubes may need to be attached to the inner backpack frame with fittings as a practical measure to keep them from detaching.

Balaclava:
Dark brown balaclava in suede or other rough-out material are top-stitched in verticle strips to conceal the costumer's skin and hair.

Scarf:
A khaki mesh military scarf should be wrapped around the neck and tucked into the tunic. The bottom edge of the scarf is frayed/weathered.

Tunic:
Made of a rip-stop or parachute synthetic or silk in a khaki color. The tunic is long-sleeve and should extend over the wrists. There are splits on each side that run roughly from the waist to the knee. The tunic should have horizontal bands that are approximately 2”-4” wide per reference. The upper-back of the tunic should have a triangle pattern to the bands. A zipper may be installed in the upper-back, and should be khaki-colored. The bottom half of the tunic should be heavily weathered in a black wash. Note: the majority of Benthic's tunic is not visible beneath his coat.

Chest greeblie:
A small replica gasket greeblie is worn on the upper right chest. Greeblie is black-metal in color.

Scope:
A small, silver monocular scope is worn around the costumer's neck by a brown leather cord. It hangs down to just above the top of the belt. There is a blue, silver, and white bead that hang above the scope, attached by a separate cord/string.

Shoulder Bells:
Weathered gold-colored shoulder bells should be affixed to the coat. Details should be painted and weathered per reference.

Belt:
Three-inch wide belt in dark brown with 2 Spanish-style pouches. The pouches should have a top that is closed via no visible mechanism. The belt should be made of leather or leather-like material and slightly weathered. Two additional 1” straps should run from the front of the belt to the rear, passing over the hips. The front of the belt has two non-functional buckles above and below the belt with straps and rivet detail. Leather-wrapped weathered silver cylinder greeblies should be on the right and left front of the belt and extend slightly above and below the belt height.

A black/brown sporran made of leather or leather-like material hangs from the front of the belt. Two buckles and straps are visible on the sides of the open pouch. The sporran is weathered in a glossy finish.

Gloves:
Brown or black cloth or leather gloves should tuck under the cuffs of the tunic. Simulated bone-colored armor should be attached to the gloves per reference and heavily weathered. Fingertips should be covered all-around. Finger tips should be painted black. The backs of the hands are two-layered and should be modeled per reference. A silver circular male metal button greeblie is affixed near the base of the thumb and forefinger.

Pants:
Dark brown baggy pants of canvas or similar material should tuck into the boots. Three 2 1/2" horizontal details should create knee-pads in the pants, to be made of the same base material. The pants should be weathered in black and grey.

Boots:
Dark brown leather or leather-like ankle boots with low heels are heavily weathered. The top and bottom straps should be unbuckled and non-functional.

Coat:
A-line collarless, longsleeve coat made of leather or simulated, and split from hem to waist. No buttons, snaps, zippers or pockets present. The coat is blue-grey in color and heavily weathered.

Backpack:
M-75 Swedish military frame with shoulder straps painted or dyed black. A grey "smoke grenade" with an olive green stripe is affixed to the left shoulder strap. A silver colored parachute hook and D-ring buckle connect between the shoulder straps with black elastic.

Five closed-end cylinders with "oil filter" caps are attached to the frame:

Top cylinder is weathered dark grey and black with a 1" mustard colored stripe on the far right end.

Second and third cylinders are weathered dark grey and black with two 1" deep red stripes on far right ends.

Fourth and fifth cylinders are weathered mustard and tan with no other markings.

One-inch olive drab canvas strapping is wrapped around the cylinders, held in place by two buckles hanging between the first and second cylinders.

One-inch olive drab canvas strip is wrapped around the middle of the top cylinder and held in place with a D-ring.

A small black canvas bag similar to a gas mask or canteen bag hangs from the middle of the pack from a quick-release or ALICE buckle and strap. The bag is heavily weathered and has two side pockets with triangular cover tabs with a brass D-ring, and four brass eyelets (two on each side). A weathered red circle and two verticle lines are painted on the front of the bag.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

Blaster Rifle:
Long single-barrel painted in silver and gold weathering. Brown and white leather strips are wrapped around the barrel where it connects with the stock. The rifle has a dark brown V-shaped stock that contains a white circular "S" detail on the end. Thin red and brown leather strips are wrapped around each end of the stock, along with a brown leather shoulder strap.
ESB Stormtrooper - TK-12189
TFA Kylo Ren - DS-12189

Last edited by mgb1016 (Melissa Branch) on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! This is a really nice substantial standard. Thank you for putting in the time to make it.

I'm traveling today but I'll sit down and take a look tonight or tomorrow morning.
mgb1016 (Melissa Branch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!

I do see a few small things in some of my pics that should look a little different, like the side views, the tubes should sit a little higher up as they go around my back. My mom helped me get in kit and took all the pics and it looks like she just forgot to push the snap hook upwards after connecting them in the back lol. But I'm probably being too critical. When I take my "bucket off" pic tonight I'll see if I can get some better shots of the left and right sides.
TFA Kylo Ren - DS-12189
mgb1016 (Melissa Branch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added my bucket off shot to the pics link!
TFA Kylo Ren - DS-12189
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The workmanship and attention to detail in this costume are incredible. I cannot begin to imagine the number of hours you put in. You did an amazing job.

I loved to see all those element pictures. I think it will be really helpful for the judges that you took so many pictures and showed various details in them.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get over the finish line.
mgb1016 (Melissa Branch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! He was a full year of intense emotions and got pretty nerve wracking toward the end of the build. Most of the time I didn't really know what I was doing so it was a pretty big leap of faith lol.

I just filled out and submitted the application with a link to all my pics and the CRL draft. Is there anything else I need to do since this is a new-to-the-Legion kit?
TFA Kylo Ren - DS-12189
mgb1016 (Melissa Branch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my approval email!! He's now official!!!
TFA Kylo Ren - DS-12189
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: