Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a245af09b02cf757f73c93f78cdd3a5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One X-Wing Helmets made by Far Away Creation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Rogue One X-Wing Helmets made by Far Away Creation Reply with quote

Hi there,
A long time I and perhaps others had suspected that the Far Away Creation had made the X-Wing helmets but also others for Rogue One.
Many or some of you know Will Friedrichs from Imperial Outpost Armory and works with Far Away Creation. Willie passed away in Aug. 17. A family member has found some interesting information and pictures in his estate written the following
" We never knew about the projects that you worked on like the Star Wars Rogue One Movie that you had pictures of, where you designed some of X-Wing Pilot helmets."
In memory of Willie I share here my found information. Great work Guy's, love it .With that you have fulfilled a dream that many of us have.
Is a great story that some Propbuilders from the fan base were allowed to work on such a great project Smile

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know. Definitely is a dream come true to have fan-created stuff recognized and used in a professional production. Shows the level of knowledge, accuracy, and craftsmanship of the creator. It also shows a lot about him that he would not flaunt something so wonderful.

Again, thanks for sharing so we as a community can celebrate Will.
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sam for your kind words.I'm a little disappointed with the reactions here. Cal is part of the community here and I think he and his best friends have done a great job and can be proud. For me as a fan, it is always very important to know which people have worked behind the scenes.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately these forums kind of seem to be fading out and aren't as active as they used to be. I don't think that anyone means any disrespect, it's just that not many people are active on the forum anymore, for whatever reason.

It is sad to see a member of the community pass, but it must have been a wonderful feeling for him to know that his props are in an official movie. What an honor. At least the Star Wars community can remember that part and continue that legacy and memory. Smile

Are the Mon Cal helmets for sale anywhere? I've tried Googling it but haven't found anything so far.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Alex, I feel that too. Hardly anyone seems to be interested in background information, too bad. Crying or Very sad
From time to time Moncal offer here in the forum Helmets and chestboxes but they are a little bit differend from the Rogue One helmets.
I think its not allowed him to sell these because they were made especially for LfL / Disney.

Last edited by ywingfighter (Frank) on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense, didn't think of that. I'm just looking into helmet makers, comparing prices and such. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: