Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bbc7a8254a3e7e38029c67cc9e293f02Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Do this Senatorial Leia Belt meet Standards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmongstTheJedi ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Do this Senatorial Leia Belt meet Standards? Reply with quote

Hello! Iíve got my dress, buns, boots, and blaster squared away for my Senatorial Leia. The belt is the last thing I need before I send in my application. I wanted to make it myself, but with three other consumers to complete, Quidditch practice, and College, I donít have the time. Iíve been lookin at a few Vendors on Etsy and noticied this one;

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199704269/princess-leia-belt-ceremonial-princess?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Princess%20Leia%20belt&ref=sr_gallery-1-3

The Vendors say it complies with Rebel Legion Standards, but I wanted to make sure and get a second opinion before I ordered it. My only concern is that the belt is made of pleather and Iím not sure how long it would last. I intend to remake it out of actual leather by next year, so it shouldnít be too much to stress over.

There was this one as well;

https://www.etsy.com/listing/512338184/princess-leia-belt?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Princess%20Leia%20belt&ref=sr_gallery-1-8

Could a get an opinion on these before I order one?
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, the CCcostumefactory one is better, with the curved top edge. Though, you should probably get a judge in here to comment on their current belt preferences.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is not approvable it is too sharp and the second would require modification to reduce the amount of leather showing on either side of the plates. I am not aware of a vendor currently who is making the right shape outside of individual costumers taking commissions.

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
AmongstTheJedi ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wore the dress for the first time today! I just used a belt I had on hand; but Iím going to pick up supplies this week to actually make the belt. Iím probably going to create a temporary one of pleather before I cut into a leather hide. I donít trust myself not to ruin the material Neutral

Also, these are not the boots Iíll be wearing with the gown. I left my white ones at home like an idiot.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Joy said. Sadly neither of those are right. It should also be noted we can't actually control what vendors write, so even though some vendors write RL approvable, you should still do what you just did and ask on the forum and do your own research before buying.

Good luck with making your belt.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: