Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe30580e5853733ff73a5cfdba5a4aa3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Color of Sabines shirt season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glorificus ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Color of Sabines shirt season 3 Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering something. According to the costume reference guide it is stated that "The shirt is a long sleeve black and grey shirt. " But if you view the image from the series and also the concept art (se image below) it is dark grey. Will I get into trouble if I make it a dark grey and not a solid black?

Last edited by Glorificus () on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to distract from your question (which I am unable to answer, unfortunately), but may I ask you where do you find these schemes? I see them all the time and don't know where to look for!

RL: Alpine Base Austria (Base Membership Officer) / Wretched Hive (Jawa) & Docking Bay 94 Fringe (Jyn Erso) //
501st: Austrian Garrison / Krayt Clan (Jawa) & Imperial Officer Corps (Adm. Daala flightsuit)
Glorificus ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
there are a lot of photos in the reference library on the Rebel Legion page:

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/sabine-wren-series-3-light-armour/
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thank you!
I was just hoping to get to know the "source" of these awesome schemes that I see all the time as references for various costumes and characters.

Ok now let's get back to your valid question concerning the colour of Sabine's shirt! I hope someone can answer this :-)

RL: Alpine Base Austria (Base Membership Officer) / Wretched Hive (Jawa) & Docking Bay 94 Fringe (Jyn Erso) //
501st: Austrian Garrison / Krayt Clan (Jawa) & Imperial Officer Corps (Adm. Daala flightsuit)
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schemes usually can be found at Starwars.com. Often they are part of one of the galleries that belongs to the first episode of rebels they appear in.

If you saw a costume you would like to create you should first look for the season and then the episode you saw it in. There is a episode guide to each episode and each has three galleries with different graphics of the episode. The character illustrations are in the concept art gallery.

For instance you would like to create the alien pilot of the episode Rebel Assault.
First go to starwars.com and then click on TV shows.
http://www.starwars.com/
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows
Then hit the "see more" button of Rebels.
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels
The graphics of the latest show goes online the next working day after it aired the first time. For older episode just look for the season and then the episode itself.
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/rebel-assault-episode-guide
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/rebel-assault-behind-the-scenes-gallery

I hope I was able to help you.

Last edited by PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss) on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorificus ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the links you posted Smile

...but does anyone know the answer to my original question about the shirt color?? Smile
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through my collection of Rebels reference graphics. I am about 95 percent sure that the part that looks dark grey to you is black. The artists use different shades of black and dark grey for things that are black but made out of different materials. Boots are drawn black because they are supposed to be made out of leather. Fabrics are usually drawn in dark grays for contrast even if they would be black in real life. I will try to upload some of the images to my imgur account and will add the links to this post as soon as I have done that.

Edit: Here are a couple of character illustrations from my collection. Unfortunately, I did not have an illustration of Sabine were it says that it is black or grey.

AliyaJ (Aliya Buist)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorificus wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the links you posted Smile

...but does anyone know the answer to my original question about the shirt color?? Smile

Hi there! Smile I wouldn't be strictly opposed to a dark grey verison.... but I'd have to see it first to know. If you get a swatch of what you're thinking post a pic and I should be able to tell you one way or another. Try and include the lighter grey if you can. Smile Black fabric is usually easier to find, but if you find something that works and looks right! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much guys for answering my questions. I really appreciate it. Smile
It's good to see from all your reference pictures that they clearly state that it is black although it can look grayish.
I'll post a picture once I find the material I want to go for and see if you guys approve Smile
Glorificus ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question Smile
How do you attach the armor pieces to the cloth? Do you use velcro or magnets?

Thanks again for all your answers and patience so far Smile
RedPanda (Cassandra Faircloth)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorificus wrote:
I have another question Smile
How do you attach the armor pieces to the cloth? Do you use velcro or magnets?

Thanks again for all your answers and patience so far Smile

i used velcro for mine, but i use velcro for almost all my costumes. it allows me to adjust the plates in case i don't place the velcro quite right. the good thing is velcro only needs to catch on itself a little bit to hold on.
i know others have used snaps but i've never worked with that method so i can't attest to its good or bad qualities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: