Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5e0b635792f12ad0643938c15507415dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PArmstr's resistance X-Wing pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: PArmstr's resistance X-Wing pilot Reply with quote

This is a long term project that I want to finish before episode 9 hits theaters in December 2019. Right now I am mostly doing research and ordering the first parts for the costume. The actual building process will start as soon as I have finished my Star Wars Rebels red female pilot from Phoenix Squadron.

I live in Germany so I am trying to purchases as many components in Germany and the European Union as possible. I have ordered and received my black series Poe Dameron helmet, some muck boots and the Costume Base X-Wing gloves. I'm still waiting on the 3 yards of orange 3-inch wide ruffle elastic band that I ordered from Hong Kong via Etsy.

Here are the links to my sources.
Helmet: https://www.amazon.de/Star-Wars-c1441eu6-Rebsorte-Electronic/dp/B0711RJRYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514363493&sr=8-1&keywords=black+series+poe+dameron+helm
Muck boots: https://www.amazon.de/PFIFF-Thermo-Stiefel-schwarz-Gr%C3%B6sse-39/dp/B004SYO9DS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514363509&sr=8-1&keywords=Stallschuhe
Gloves: http://www.thecostumebase.com/x-wing-fighter-pilot-gloves/
Ruffle elastic band: https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/217134552/3-zoll-75-mm-breit-gekrauselten-farbigen

williamdrake83 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pam,

how do you do that with the overall and the pilot's vest?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Max,

Pam? Who is Pam? My aunt’s name is Pam, which is short for Pamela. I'm Patricia but some call me Trish, Trisha, Patti or Pat, which is probably what you wanted to call me. Smile

Now back to the subject on hand. First I wanted to buy the vest and flight suit. Unfortunately, all the approvable ones that I found cost way more than what I have planned in my budget. So now I'm planning on sewing them myself. I found tutorials for them here on the forum.

Philonius' TFA X-wing vest tutorial:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79080

2 Piece Resistance Pilot Suit Build:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89849
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 meters of orange 3-inch wide ruffle elastic band have arrived.

thisiskevin ()
Nusantara Outpost CO
Nusantara Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my own as well. Phil's vest tutorial is great! Good luck with your build
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I saw your WIP. Your costume looks great. Congratulation on your approval.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three roll pin buckles and four meters of PLCE belt webbing have arrived. I will only need about 1.5 meters of the belt webbing. My husband has plans for the other 2.5 meters but I do not what they are.The PLCE belt webbing is no longer available on ebay.

Here is a link to the roll pin buckles.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Airborne-Webbing-Replacement-ROLL-PIN-BELT-BUCKLE-PLCE-DIY-Tactical/360411787023?epid=1488251567&hash=item53ea376f0f:g:IDIAAOSw--1WrmjH
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3D printed parts have been shipped yesterday. I ordered the whole set, which includes the blaster, chest box, back plate for the chest box, 5 legs flares, 2 paddles and the colored rank badge form Imrageth via Facebook. The project is coming along nicely so far. Soon the difficult things, such as finding the correct fabric, making the belt, sewing the flight suit and vest will start. That is the part I am not looking forward to.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I never posted photos of the 3D printed stuff I have received in Febuary. I will continue will this costume as soon as I have finished my Rogue One projects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: