Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09bec977bc086a119648075593c56a2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kaydel/generic officers from TLJ costume standard discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessLivia wrote:

I’m fine with every other standard, this one is the one bugging me and a few others.

Please note that hair color was tossed out there for discussion purposes and everyone has an idea about what should and should not be allowed. Which side of the arguement is right?

There have been some very heated discussions on the boards several times in the past about hair color (eg blond Leias), style and (for men) facial hair and each side of the debate had strong opinions and good rationale.

Remember that any results of discussions and establishment of a standard have no bearing on what has already been approved. Approved costumes remain approved.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this discussion has run its' course.

It goes without saying that we do not have the ability to please everyone.

So, before this goes to a vote, are there any last comments on the standards as listed by Dawn?

I did make a few changes like "proportional to wearer"-there are far too many body types to state some measurements.

Kaydel Ko Connix TLJ Mock Standard

Jacket

Jacket is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off yellow with tones of brown or tan.
Features approximately one inch standing collar that is void of decoration.
Front closure is two inches off center on the costumers right shoulder.
Quilting is approximately half inch wide and covers the entire jacket.
Sleeves end at the wrist.
The jacket is tailored and form fitting to the wearer.
The skirting is belled and ends at the upper-mid thigh.
Dark red resistance symbol sits above the breast on the costumers left shoulder and is approximately 3.5 inches in all directions.
Lieutenant rank badge sits directly atop the rebel bird.
Princess seams at back of the jacket.

Pants

-Pants are a chocolate brown and made from a natural fiber.
-Pants are form fitting and tailored to the wearer.
-Pants may have pocket but are not visible when jacket is worn.
-Combat stitching around the knee.

Boots

-Boots are leather or leather like and dark brown .
-High riding height with pull strap on the side.

Belt

-Belt is a warm reddish brown and approximately 3 inches tall. Should be proportional to wearer.
-Belt buckle is same height as the belt and flush and is approximately 4.5 inches wide
-Belt is worn high just below the rib cage.

Hair and Face

-Minimal makeup can be utilized.
-Hair is natural colored (dirty blonde is optimal) with hair tied in two small buns at the top of the head.
-The hair is parted in the center.

Generic Resistance Officer

Jacket

Jacket is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off yellow with tones of brown or tan and should closely match reference images.
Features approximately one inch collar that is void of decoration.
Front closure is two inches off center on the costumers right shoulder.
Quilting is approximately half inch wide and covers the entire jacket.
Sleeves end at the wrist.
The jacket is tailored and form fitting to the wearer.
The skirting is belled and ends at the upper-mid thigh.
Dark red resistance symbol sits above the breast on the costumers left shoulder and is approximately 3.5 inches in all directions.
Rank badge sits directly atop the rebel bird.
Princess seams at back of the jacket.
Optional: Pull tab at back with strap. Strap ends at the princess seam

Pants

-Pants are made from a natural fiber and earthly tone. Muted green and browns are optimal.
-Pants are tailored to the wearer.
-Optional: Combat stitching around the knee.

Boots

-Boots are any shade of brown.
-Boots are above the ankle and below the knee
-Minimal straps are permitted.

Belt

-Belt is a warm reddish brown and approximately 3 inches tall.
-Belt buckle is same height as the belt and flush and is approximately 4.5 inches wide
-Belt is worn high just below the rib cage.

Hair and Face

-Minimal makeup can be utilized.
-Hair is natural colored and can be any style

Last edited by Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte) on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the trousers have front patch pockets, which come a bit lower than the jacket? Which means if you are building to the references it would be unclearable...which seems a bit bonkers.

unless you mean no back pockets?

I think this needs to be clearer

Also if her trousers are only listed as brown, what will you do if lots of people use the reference with her green trousers? Or are we declaring that as not usable, the same as the refs from the actors at the con.
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:

But the trousers have front patch pockets, which come a bit lower than the jacket? Which means if you are building to the references it would be unclearable...which seems a bit bonkers.

unless you mean no back pockets?

I think this needs to be clearer

Also if her trousers are only listed as brown, what will you do if lots of people use the reference with her green trousers? Or are we declaring that as not usable, the same as the refs from the actors at the con.

Good day! Im sorry I am not seeing the pockets? Do you have an image with em? Ill check though this thread again to Smile I agree i see the patch at the knee (the combat stitching) but not pockets. Very Happy

Ps- sorry for the random back of connix photo. I liked it so I threw it in x,x

Click to enlarge

Btw Phyllis Thumbs up! Thank you so much for your dedication to this! Its appreciated!

LMO 501st Legion ALMO Rebel Legion
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures are not sharp enough to make out the detail. But the generics are wearing dark brown belts.....and we have just reddish brown listed.

all the people who wear trousers with the combat knee's also have patch pockets (Where we can see the top of the trousers). That includes some of the generics with padded knees and troopers. So it seems odd she would have the knees and not the pockets....but then Poe has the pockets and no knees....

Honestly there's so much mix and match I'm ready to call it a day. ( I'm starting to loose my mind a bit.) So lets go with what we've got.

but I'd say if we get a clear ref of the pocket when we get the clear screen shots with the dvd release, perhaps ammend it? unless you have no problems with people putting it in as long as they can supply the reference?

Also I'm not trying to be difficult with the green trousers variation of connix, I have someone in the my detatchment building this, so what do I say if she wants green trousers?

Yes thank you Phyllis and to Dawn for putting the work into this standard.
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
Those pictures are not sharp enough to make out the detail. But the generics are wearing dark brown belts.....and we have just reddish brown listed.

all the people who wear trousers with the combat knee's also have patch pockets (Where we can see the top of the trousers). That includes some of the generics with padded knees and troopers. So it seems odd she would have the knees and not the pockets....but then Poe has the pockets and no knees....

Honestly there's so much mix and match I'm ready to call it a day. ( I'm starting to loose my mind a bit.) So lets go with what we've got.

but I'd say if we get a clear ref of the pocket when we get the clear screen shots with the dvd release, perhaps ammend it? unless you have no problems with people putting it in as long as they can supply the reference?

Also I'm not trying to be difficult with the green trousers variation of connix, I have someone in the my detatchment building this, so what do I say if she wants green trousers?

Oh no no I totally am a reference first standard second kinda gal. I personally always defer to people's reference. I hope that in a month we have better and clearer stuff. Standards are living breathing documents anyways. They can and will be changed Smile also no you aren't difficult. These things take the effort of many and yeah I do agree it does look like connix has green trousers in some shots. Smile

Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:

Oh no no I totally am a reference first standard second kinda gal. I personally always defer to people's reference. I hope that in a month we have better and clearer stuff. Standards are living breathing documents anyways. They can and will be changed Smile also no you aren't difficult. These things take the effort of many and yeah I do agree it does look like connix has green trousers in some shots. Smile

RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of the collar is listed, but not type? I’d suggest adding “standing collar” for clarity.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
The size of the collar is listed, but not type? I’d suggest adding “standing collar” for clarity.

so noted and added...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: