Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d9db44acf3d945250389e9a6b6717501Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[WIP] Selkath [Jedi?] - First in existence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Ty (Tyler)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: [WIP] Selkath [Jedi?] - First in existence? Reply with quote

Hello legion members!

So for a long time I've been wanting to join the legion, and its taken me a while to decide exactly what route I wanted to take with my costume. I knew I wanted to do an interesting character of some sort, while keeping the possibility of being canon. That's when it hit me: I would be a Selkath.

The Selkath are a species first dreamt up in the Bioware videogame series Knights of the Old Republic, and remained only in that expanded universe until the Clone wars animated series, where a few separate Selkath characters were introduced. They derive from their homeworld of Manaan, a largely ocean planet, hence their fish like appearance. As they are officially part of the canon universe now, and the fact that I just find them cool, I figured I would tackle them as my first major costume.

As I know there are some strict regulations as to what exactly is eligible for membership into the legion, I figured I might end up making him a member of the Jedi, as they seem the most lenient when it comes to varied species and their roles. If any of you have any suggestions along the way as to how I can improve my design, or make it eligible for membership, I would greatly appreciate it!

Now as far as I know, there are no other documented cases of the Selkath species being cosplayed, which is both challenging, but also greatly rewarding if I can manage to pull it off. Due to this, I will try updating this post as actively as I can with any progress I make so that others may attempt to make their own Selkath, should they wish to do so.

Now without further ado, lets get into it.

References: http://imgur.com/a/h8gka

As you can tell with the photos, there is a bit of variance in design from character to character, with some being very thin bodied, and others being thicker bodied. Due to wanting a high level of detail, while remaining as true as possible, I will mostly be basing my design off of this particular character, though I will draw inspiration from each:

---------------------------------------------------

HEAD So first things first. As it's the major focal point of the design, and most of the costume is dependent on it, I'll be starting off the project with the head.
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any species to be Jedi they must have force wielding abilities.

Were there any examples of this species using the force?
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes plenty ! They have there own order of force sensitive :p the order of shasa.
Just do Manaan flashpoint in SWTOR and you'll find a lot of force users !

Cool project to do a Manaan ! Realy hoping to see some results ! Goodluck !
I've done an ithorian, I need to improve it a lot for me to be happy with the head, but i'm very happy with the feet, so if you need help with that, let me know Wink
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Well as soon as you start working on a WIP we can start helping with TIPs.
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question for the mask, I guess you aim to see by the mouth/nose ?
Kotorvich (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still working on this costume? I'd love to see what it looks like when finished!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: