Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9eb00addd9a8c98c84b3f6782ab5ca9aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kyle Katarn WIP Need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthOmen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Kyle Katarn WIP Need advice Reply with quote

Hello friends.

I am piecing together an older version of Kyle Katarn. There is a CRL for the younger "Dark Forces II" Katarn but not one covering him in the time period I have selected.

The Star Wars Tales #21 features Kyle Katarn in his later days looking even more so like a "BEAST." Clearly between Dark Forces II and this point he hit the gym hard.

Anyways I am around the 50% completion with this costume but have run into a snag. I cannot settle on the utility pouches and don't want to spend money on something without being 99% confident it will be approved.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIU6N24/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2QREQYI4JDKSE&psc=1

I have found those pouches on Amazon and think they would be a very good fit with some adjustments. I was thinking I would stain OR REMOVE the light tan strap in order to make it blend better.
I would wear one double pouch on the left side.
I plan to cut one of the other pouches down to a single and wear that in front of my holster.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiA766surrYAhWEON8KHXyyBMUQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jedidefender.com%2Fyabbse%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D18767.0&psig=AOvVaw1jnMGD0M2qWzjBQp03atP_&ust=1515022902913366

Do you guys think these pouches will work with the adjustments I described?

I appreciate any and all help/advice. I'm really eager to get this Cosplay done because I am totally obsseed with Kyle Katarn right now XD
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Fellow Kyle Katarn here.

It's my understanding that when it comes to accessories on animated characters, as long as the design and color scheme match up with how the piece appears, the approval shouldn't be a problem. Only when it's a live action character do preferences on make/source come into question. As long as the type and color of the pouch is the same, it should work, but the straps going across May be an issue, as they aren't featured in the design in the drawings/action figure, so removing them may be necessary. Because there is no existing standard for this version of the character, there is also no set standard on what specific pouches can or should be used in this costume, and therefor you will have an opportunity to present your view as part of the standards, while you write one up.

My best advice is be thorough, be detailed, and find as many pics of the outfit as possible. You have to get head-to-toe, front and back, and close-ups of details are always helpful in the approval process.

Good luck! We need more Kyle's around here!

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command
DarthOmen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you my friend. I'm really excited to get this cosplay finished. I recently found someone to make the shoulder piece and am having my sweater modified now.

So now all there is to do is complete my belt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: