Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7ac37b3e27592a25edaa2a617f3f0901Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

your helmet, and you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: your helmet, and you Reply with quote

here is something that the guys over at Studio Creations did some time back at a past Celebration.

it should help in the sizing and wear of the Endor commando helmet

http://studiocreations.com/howto/endorrebelsoldier/index.html
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI: If you are using an Endor Donut from me and making the ribbed panel that goes over the ANH-15 soft cap,
the finished size of the panel should be no more than 5 1/2" (14 CM) wide or it will not look right.

If you are using a TK560 Donut, you probably want the panel to only be 5" wide at the most.

Here's one of my Donuts showing a ribbed panel that I sewed.

David L.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38021

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48482
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT post David!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an update to this, I would like to add that we have recieved many submissions where the helmet is rocked back on the head.

in all cases, the helmet shall be

AS LEVEL TO THE DECK AS POSSIBLE

when submitted for approval. That is how they were worn in the movies and that is how they need to be submitted when you send in your approval phtoos.

yes helmets shift around, but when you submit your photos it should not be rocked back on your head. I make sure that my bill is right above my eyebrows, and I fitted my donut to keep it there
moselder71 (Todd Barclay)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: donut helmet fitting Reply with quote

I am fitting my donut and I was wondering when u take it off does it come off as one piece or does the donut come off of the flight cap?
OddViking ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have found good evidence that in the movies that the donut is not attached to the flight cap, and the brim is attached to the donut. This is how mine is, and it works great to keep it all lined up.

There are a couple of frames where you can see when Luke takes off his helmet, you see inside the helmet, and there is light between the soft cap the the top of the donut meaning they are not a single piece. (can't find the reference pic right now)

This page shows the shot where they make the case for the brim being attached to the donut:

http://studiocreations.com/howto/endorrebelsoldier/
OddViking ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed a pic from the BlueRay. You can see when Luke takes off his helmet, there is daylight between the brim and the soft cap. The brim is clearly attached to the donut:

To attach it well, I took a piece of clear corner-protector channelling and created a mount to glue inside and then sew the brim to. You can see my process in my build:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88040
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: