Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=df9c7c6e75decfb7cc7a1654ed25aaddMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Old Rex (Rebels S3 Build)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topsljack ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Old Rex (Rebels S3 Build) Reply with quote

Putting this kit together one piece at a time! Love the character that Rex has always been, but Rebels has made him "age appropriate" for me, so to speak!

Reference shots:

Sourcing the parts: For this I asked Kevin Weir for a hybrid kit. He put all the plastic parts together for me (he can be contacted through "Imperial Surplus" or via Facebook at "KWDesigns)." The pants are grey baseball pants, tailored to size, with knee pads sewn together and attached.

Getting the pieces together:

[/img][/url]

Adding animated style buttons to the back-plate:

Here is the helmet. This one has the right face (mostly), but the wrong ear-caps. I am going to have to do some mods on that, but since the helmet seems to be fairly optional on this build, I am going with it for now. I always like to wear helmets (I am a stormtrooper too, so it goes with the territory, lol). I need to add the conical ear-caps more than anything, which I will get to after SWCO.

Mostly finished, shown here at SWCO2017. This build has been fun so far, not sure how close to approval I am but gotta start somewhere! What annoys me the most is that the animated Rex has a very short torso, which is the opposite of myself. To really look closer, I'd have to make the breast/back longer (not possible with these shapes), or raise the belt and pants up, which I might be able to do. Or I could just not worry about it. We'll see!

So...here's the thing. I sorta have dark beard hair during the school year (I teach college-level history and dye the white hair brown). I used beard paint to help with the few moments I had the helmet off. I may have to start letting the thing go grey again if I want to play Rex more often without a helmet on! In this shot, I was going to make a determined Rex face, but was too tired after two days of trooping at SWCO. It was easier to leave the helmet on...

But here is the look with a bald cap. Hate putting these things on, but hey, what ya gonna do?

Ran into these guys, had to play with em. Was like a reunion, lol!

Last thing for now: Just announced at Star Wars Orlando, Rex in Season 4 may be linked with that fan idea that he was also on Endor. This may be an option for folks wanting to do Rebels Rex very soon:

Smile
Cajuncharlie53 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting ready to start my old man Rex build and have Kevin’s Armor as well. I would love to see your pics but alas photobucket strikes again. Is it possible for you to share them on another site?

Thanks in advance.
TA/TI/TX/IG-82877
Topsljack ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cajuncharlie53 wrote:
I am getting ready to start my old man Rex build and have Kevin’s Armor as well. I would love to see your pics but alas photobucket strikes again. Is it possible for you to share them on another site?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, good luck on your build!! I have an updated thread on the clone trooper detachment site, and a full album is on my FB page (Brent Rudmann). Happy to connect from there as well! I’ll update this thread eventually, just have to find the time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: