Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a37ddaab03270189810443389a1cc2f5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Chewbacca in Taiwan, checking in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keepitgreen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Chewbacca in Taiwan, checking in! Reply with quote

Hi RL! I've been a member here for a while now, but I'm mostly a lurker on forums, not so active. I plan on changing that. Smile

Anyway, December 2016 I decided to begin a Chewie build, and after a few months of planning and researching (mostly here!), I began my build in May of 2017. Hundreds of hours of latch-hooking later, uncountable hours of sourcing out bandolier boxes, and several platform lift re-builds later, and my costume was complete!

I tried my best to keep it a secret, as I wanted maximum surprise value for my grand Halloween unveiling in October. I completed the build in time, and revealed it to the masses to a MUCH bigger response than I imagined. It was incredible.

I've been in touch with RLTW, and plan on applying for membership ASAP.

Can someone give me some advice on who/where I should submit my pictures to, a good photo hosting site, and any other info I need? I've read through most of the costume standard pages, and I've got many many pictures. Front, back, side, closeups, etc etc. Although they're outdoors with trees and bushes in the background. My photographer friend who took all the pictures actually has a few different "green screens", so that's an option too.

Thanks so much for any help!
ZlaAul ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greeting from Singapore. saw your built story shared by RLTW CO, totally impressive.

for image hosting, currently imgur seems to be the most popular choice among Work in Progress thread

"First comes the day//Then comes the night.
After the darkness//Shines through the light.
The difference, they say, //Is only made right
By the resolving of gray//Through refined Jedi sight."
keepitgreen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ZlaAul! I've received a lot of positive comments from RLTW members, so it seems that I did a good job on the build!

I'll give imgur a go, and hope for the best.

I'll have to get on that green screen tho. Keep the judges happy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: