Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f33a72e0de6d1a7fcd5e05dfc8a77450Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

my Kloo-horn research / build/ finished prop & costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space-In-Vader ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: aaand action...! Reply with quote

here a short video of a Close Encounter of the Third Kind... :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9WVg56yd9Y
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: approaching approval... Reply with quote

Got some nice boots (had to cut of the belts), grey pants and a belt. Got a chef's jacket: mounted some black buttons, cut the length to the lower hip and tapered the sleeves. Next: have to make a high mandarin collar because the existing mandarin collar is way too low.
With the boots and the big head-mask it seems to become a 7ft high Bith standing...
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: collar Reply with quote

the collar is pretty high; there is a fold in the middle of the collar (top section is thicker). The collar is under the eyering-section (maybe a cutout is necessary). The opening is small and tapered.

edit:
looking at the sceencaps again and trying to make a draft collar made of foam, I think there is no cutout at the collar. The collar was folded. This way it sneaks under the eyerings-section and the triangle-shape seen on screencaps is plausible.

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: finished costume Reply with quote

so that's it:

edit: the closing of jacket is too tight because the neck-section of the mask is quite bulky. So maybe I will alter the buttons. Another point is that the photos are quite noisy because for taking a picture of the complete body in my small garage I have to use a big lens on my camera. Aperture was chosen too high (wanted to get all the details sharp) and so the ISO went through the roof. It's quite challenging to take pictures with a self-timer when sweating in this costume... Maybe another set of pics with different settings will be made.
edit2: when I reposition the buttons, they are more to the middle than to the right. So I will try another jacket that is of a bigger size than the one that I use now.
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new jacket arrived. First one was my normal size (2XL), now it's 6XL and it is much more comfortable and nice. (it has to be of bigger size because the bulky neck-area of the mask raises the jacket and so the sleeves and makes the opening for the neck very tight.).
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the meantime I just wanted to share a nice photo that I made recently (Bith-pics in line with this topic will follow soon Very Happy ):

Alpha Chaos 13 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good stuff! I hear you about the bulkiness of the mask neck. I often help people with advise on their Greedo builds, and I always tell them to hold off on taking their measurements until after they have the mask!
501st NorthEast Remnant XO
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: collar Reply with quote

So I took a new jacket that is way bigger. Bottom was shortened and now it was made so that is does not go up at the front. Sleeves are tapered. Collar made from scratch (I used pieces from another jacket to get the same exact fabric. I am really pleased how good this sewing worked regarding that I am a rookie at the sewing machine. Another skill I am training by this hobby. Such a great thing.). Now the collar is more opened at the front and is has a nice appearance that matches the screencaps in an acceptable way. For taking these pics I put the mask and the jacket on my mannequin. New black buttons are mounted on the press buttons.

Last edited by Space-In-Vader () on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Chaos 13 wrote:
Really good stuff! I hear you about the bulkiness of the mask neck. I often help people with advise on their Greedo builds, and I always tell them to hold off on taking their measurements until after they have the mask!

thank you so much for your kind words- that really made my day.
Very Happy
Myna Sturnidae (Kimberly Ramsay)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your application, you will need to take pictures of you wearing this costume. You will also need an additional image of you holding the head (not wearing it), so the judges can see that you are the one wearing the costume.

Good luck!

Rebel Legion - Echo Base
Clones of the Republic (CT)
Wretched Hive (TR-AOTC)
The Wretched Hive XO
GRRRL 72
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: tweaking... Reply with quote

Just made five pics for approval: front, right side, back, left side and without mask...will have to add some foam into the collar to make sure that it is always positioned right (had some issues when making a video).
Wanted to make a nice 360-video but I have to learn more about the right way to make a nice greenscreen-video: pre-production like green spill, shadows, distance (hard to solve regarding the very tiny garage), resolution, cam-orientation, video-codec, raw-data, lighting, postproduction with keying etc. ... I'm loving it (because this will help me realize the other ideas that I have in mind...).
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: approval pics Reply with quote

Last edited by Space-In-Vader () on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alpha Chaos 13 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!
501st NorthEast Remnant XO
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Chaos 13 wrote:
Good luck!

thank you so much, Brian.

I still have to make a action-photo... just forgot to do so last time I was in my garage.

But in the meantime here's my finished 360-Bith-clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdnM3aOHLw
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: action shot... Reply with quote

here's the missing action-shot:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: