Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89b291a787ec0129bc3386d84153752dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2017-2018 State of the Base Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: 2017-2018 State of the Base Address Reply with quote

Back in the pilot’s seat again….
Well here I am again in the Base Commanding Officer chair for the 2017-2018 year. After taking some time off from the officer positions I am happy to be back to hopefully bring about some change for the good of the base. I can definitely not do that without the help of my wonderful command staff. Each position in the base has a lot of responsibility to take on and I think we are off to a great start with the reorganization of the events forum with a few new rules for posting. We have also cleaned up the main archives area to make it easier to find older items.
So, before I go any further I would like to introduce myself to those who do not know me. I have been a member of Freedom Base and the Rebel Legion since 2007 when I trooped officially for the first time at Celebration IV. This was my first REAL introduction to the Rebel Legion. I was amazed at the numbers that were there and the costumes represented. My first costume was a OT Rebel Fleet Trooper and it was wonderful seeing so many more of that costume at the group photo. Since then my arsenal of costumes has increased in the Rebel Legion to include a Generic Jedi, a Naboo Officer, my Rogue One RFT, and most recently my Season 3 Kanan Jarrus. I am also a member of the 501st Legion Garrison Tyranus which I joined in 2009, and have an Imperial Crew, Off Duty Tie Pilot, and an Imperial Gunner. I also costume as a couple of DC characters, and a Silent from Doctor Who. But all of this stemmed from the Rebel Legion as it was my first real costuming experience.
I have been in multiple command positions from Legion Executive Officer, Legion Administrative Council member, Merchandising Officer, Base Executive Officer, Base Detachment CO, and Base Commanding Officer. I am also a member of the PR team, the Trading Card Team and the Merchandising Team.
I am of the mind that I cannot do this alone. Between myself, the XO, the Base Membership Officer, Base PR officer, Detachment COs and my Regional Captains and their assistants, we are off to a great start. They are the eyes and ears of the base command staff. If anyone in the base needs information about a particular costume, then talk to the Base Membership Officer or the Detachment COs:
    Base Membership Officer: Colleen Johnson (coryphefish)
    Liberty Squadron Commander: Nick Pasquariello (Npask82) for all Pilots
    Serenity Temple Master: Jennifer Freeman May (Jyn-ah mairo) for all Jedi
    Old Glory Squad Commander: Sam Coulson (Kievan Mereel) for all Troopers, non clone
    Independence Delegation: Nicole Kocis (Pdme Amdala) for all Senatorial personnel
    Patriot Command Post: Lori Frye (midichlorianlori) for all Commanders and Officers
    Old Dominion Squad: Brian Lutgens (COLT45) for all Clones

If you should happen to have an event or need to inquire about an event contact the Regional Captians or their Assistant:
    West Virginia:
    Captain: Toga Akdo (Tolga Akdogan)
    Northern Virginia:
    Captain: Matt Dunn (animattor78)
    Richmond / Central Virginia:
    Captain: Tim Allen (Punisha)
    Lieutenant: Quinn Brown (QuinnzillA91197)
    Hampton Roads / Tidewater Virginia:
    Captain: Tara(Kitsunekitty)
    Roanoke / Western Virginia:
    Captain: VACANT

And if you cant reach me for any reason, please do not hesitate to contact my Executive Officer: Matt Darling (mattcamaro)
While we are spread out over the state, we still communicate with each other to help the other regions with events and such.

Speaking of events, we just had our LARGEST one day joint event between the Rebel Legion, 501st Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, and R2 Builders representing multiple states. The Udvar Hazy Air N Scare was at the Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum right outside of Dulles Airport. Overall there were approximately 150 costumers and droids for the event. This is an annual event with a lot of planning and we are already looking forward to next year.
Next up on the calendar is our largest joint local event. It is the Dominion Christmas Parade here in Richmond(CENTRAL REGION) on December 2nd, 2017. I have been a part of this parade since 2008 and it is amazing to see the variety of costumes and the amount of people coming out to watch us march. We have been asked back every year since then and besides Santa, have been called the highlight of the parade. If you are able to march and be on your feet for about 4 hours total including a 2 mile march, then please please please, come out and join us. It is a FABULOUS time.
And then after that before the end of the year, we have the LONG AWAITED Episode VIII premiere weekend, December 14th, 15th and 16th. Please check the events forums for premiere events in each region. We have had an amazing time at the previous premieres and this one will be no different.

Now, on to some Freedom Base business. We are always looking to increase our ranks, so if you know of anyone wanting to costume as one of the Good Guys, please have them contact our Base Membership Officer who can direct you to great costuming resources. Even if it is doing a second or third costume yourself, it is always wonderful to see more costumes in our members’ arsenal.
Also, we as a base need to increase our PR presence. This means re running runs of tattoos for events, patches for the base, trifolds, business cards and other items. We cant do this without your help. If you can contribute to the base by printing items, or know sources for items please speak up. We also need monetary contributions to help purchase items, or for entry into events like the upcoming parade.
Please know that without the members of this Base and your donation of time and yes, sometimes funds, we cannot continue to thrive as a Base. I implore each and every member to do what they can to help the base out only to the point that they can. Please don’t feel that you have to attend every event, or donate to every cause. Do only what you can and I will do what I can.
I try to donate as much of my time and funds to this organization when I can, but my family will always come first, as it should for anyone else here.
When it comes down to a troop or funds, whatever you can do to help is always appreciated.
Also we are still short a Western Virginia Regional Captain. If you would like to take on that position of the base, please let me know and I will explain what it entails.
And finally, I would like to have everyone in the base introduce themselves, tell us a little about why you joined the Rebel Legion, whether you have any other costuming interests or are a member of another costuming organization, and anything else you would like to let us know about yourself. It is always great to hear from other members and to see who has what similar interests and such.
I will create another thread specifically for this here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90358
Thank you in advance for allowing me to be your Commanding Officer for another term, and please, by all means, let me or the Command staff know if there is something you want to see happen, or if there is something you would like to improve upon.
We as a base will continue to strive to improve and grow in numbers and costumes and I look forward to the 2017-2018 year within the base.
Regards,
Joel Webne
Shivannd

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: