Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d09989384dc799ae77229184197f150Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Millennium Falcon Turret

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Set Piece and Large Prop Reproduction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerranCmdr ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Millennium Falcon Turret Reply with quote

Hello,

About a year ago we made a turret out of foam and PVC for a party. It was my first real foam project and I had the help of my more experienced coworker for the assembly, and it was painted by another of my very talented coworkers. Anyway I thought it would be fun to share here. I think it turned out pretty good.

I designed it in Rhino, and transferred those designs to a 2-axis hotwire cutting machine. We used foam glue to hold everything together, and added cardboard tubes for the barrels. Our carpenter figured out the piping and base. I had always meant to go back and add the double-barrel ends to the guns but never got around to it.

Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking really cool ! Do you plan on doing more on it with a chair and so on ?
Cheers
Thibaut
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Given the chance I would have loved to build this out, maybe even add a chair a the glass for the gunport.

Sadly I no longer work at the company and it is their property. As far as I know it is in a corner of some warehouse now collecting dust. Crying or Very sad
Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh very sorry to hear so :s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Set Piece and Large Prop Reproduction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: