About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=13bcf8c83b591536a6e4e814f5f54197Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker's Jedi Costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

defyitall wrote:
If anyone does the poncho I can help you with the paint and technique for doing the camo.

Thanks for the offer, Chris. The camo paint scheme for Luke's poncho is the same as Han's coat, right? What material do you recommend for the poncho? I was thinking of some cotton canvas or something, and in white, right? Or should it be some base tan color for the inside of the poncho? Was it camo-painted on the inside as well? I can't remember.

As for Luke's belt buckle, is it silver or black? I've gotten people telling me its black, while all statues and toys make it silver. The only good shot of it in the movie is when he's getting electrocuted by Palpatine. In that scene, it looks like silver with black weathering. Which is it?!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definatly think its silver with black weathering like his ANH one...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The base color should be white, Matt. The "grunts" had a tan base for their ponchos/dusters. Here is the reference picture Sunrider used for our face character ponchos/duster painting:

And Chris is a real "dummy" when it comes to camo painting. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw a picture somewhere that showed the ROTJ costume with a buckle that had been painted black and had the silver showing through it as the paint rubbed off.

It was from one of the costume displays. I think MOTM. I'm not sure cause I never saw that one.
Exar Xan (Sander de Lange)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohooo, when I got home from work today I found a package for me in the mail. It was my Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replica Force FX lightsaber Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures of me in costume with the saber Cool
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper wrote:
I think I saw a picture somewhere that showed the ROTJ costume with a buckle that had been painted black and had the silver showing through it as the paint rubbed off.

It was from one of the costume displays. I think MOTM. I'm not sure cause I never saw that one.

That's what it looked like at FIDM when i saw it.
Archived Member Profile

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exar Xan wrote:
Woohooo, when I got home from work today I found a package for me in the mail. It was my Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replica Force FX lightsaber Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures of me in costume with the saber Cool

Don't cut your head off with that one Sander because we still need you n our base so go easy with the showinbg off Razz

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LukeSkiewalker

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if Calcutta cotton would be acceptable for this costume? The original looks like it is wool, but I would rather stay with cotton.

I ask because Hancock has it on sale right now Very Happy
Dark Trooper ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hancock ? lol

I feel very funny today Razz

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LukeSkiewalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Trooper wrote:
Hancock ? lol

I feel very funny today Razz

DT

Not sure what was so funny about that: http://www.hancockfabrics.com/
Antonidas Vander ()

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the orignal looks better. I have yet to see a high detailed one.
Jedi9181 (Matt Fagan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

Grey Jedi wrote:
The lining on the bib is gray, Chris. I'm working on this outfit right now for Donny. Very Happy

Some people think that the outfit is a one-piece cover-all; it isn't. There are separate pants and a short waisted-length jacket.

Is there something to back up the two peice thought. I've always heard its a one peice jumpsuit. if its not that will save on time for me.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you watch the fight scene in RotJ, you can see the pant/jacket separating around the belt.

When a Sunrider member did Endor Leia, they found that the vest was actually attached to Leia's pants to keep it from slipping and giving it a long, slimming line.

Luke's outfit is the same way; on the close-up scren-caps showing Luke from the waist up, the jacket edge is firmly attached to the belt or the waist of the pants. But in the fight sequences, it slips out as shown here:

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm intresting. Mine still sits on top of my pants as I have normal khakies that are black for it. Maybe for a future tweak.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To back up the "two-piece" theory, watch the documentary, Empire Of Dreams. There's footage of Mark trying on his costume, and you can clearly see the button at the top of the pants. Also, in Warwick Davis' film he made during ROTJ, Return Of The Ewok, there's a scene where Wicket is asking directions from Harrison, Mark, and Carrie. Mark is wearing the costume WITHOUT THE BELT, and you can see the pants and the shirt are indeed separate!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: