Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=73518d53ccbea5cc14d0cacdc3fcc514Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MIRAX TERRIK HORN (The phantom affair version) Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
florenciaalvarez ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: MIRAX TERRIK HORN (The phantom affair version) Questions Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

I've been taking a look at the standards for this character and I have a question: does the flying jacket have to be made of leather? Because I've seen some flying jackets (kind of Alpha jackets) that are close fitting too, and I wanted to know what kind of materials for the jacket are acceptable (only for the black part, not collar and wrists)

Greetings!!!
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically most types of leather substitute (artificial, synthetic, etc) are allowed as long as they retain the correct look.

Ultimately the standards are based off of the reference material. This costume is seen in comics and a card game photo. None of those, even the real-life photo for the card game, are so detailed as to definitively show the texture of the material, so as long as you're matching the references as closely as possible, you're likely okay.

Also note that the standards do not specify a material for the jacket, it just says "Black flight jacket with fleece collar, sleeve lacing and graphic design on back."

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/mirax-terrik/
florenciaalvarez ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: MIRAX TERRIK HORN (The phantom affair version) Questions Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I got a synthetic leather jacket that matches the model perfectly. Now I'm in the process of putting the fleece collar and the wrists.

Thanks again for your help!
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaaaaaaamoooooo, Florencia!!! (inner local joke) Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: