Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=55609a5012543214d3730d4dff2c916fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

BOOTH/TABLE DISPLAY UPGRADE IDEAS WITH PICTURES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbickel (Don Bickel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMCHammer wrote:
Matt did raise a few good points that we didn't talk about before. I would like us to go the direction of having some of these resources available but many times booth space is limited. Several of us were able to acquire mannequins recently that would be nice for displaying Jawas and some other costumes on. A few of us have talked about cheap alternatives for making busts as well to display the tops of costumes.

The vinyl backdrops are fairly easy to do but do need approval for each time they are displayed. They cost about $150 each to be printed which is why we have looked to the branded banners first. I am really fond of some of the small backdrops and the black series box as well.

The activities to work with fans are nice too. I like the water jug R2 and if we have charities on site it might work. We have another idea that has been discussed by members that is unique but will cost a little to create. Gina and Jim have a themed cornhole game thanks to the work of Jess and Bobby. The pool noodles are something we avoid. Some of our members and many more of our brothers and sisters in the 501st Legion are masked and have fallen victim of kids with pool noodles.

A lot of good ideas and ones we can definitely try to work on for some events that will allow us more freedom. Discussion of these thoughts. Those that may have resources willing to help with these would be great.

Just a heads up Justin, but this is not an entirely accurate statement. I have been thinking about getting a backdrop for the Central PA region that could be used for multiple groups...to include Ghost Base. That said the backdrop shown below:

The above backdrop does not need LFL approval prior to use...as it is not an LFL image. My plan was to start with the simple backdrop and eventually add framing to it (aka the death star doors with functional wall lights that run off of battery or electric power).

Other examples of backdrops that do not require LFL approval.

And think of this backdrop with Rebel Legion info/symbols
dbickel (Don Bickel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we wanted to go on the rediculous side...we could build a full scale bantha and have stairs that people can walk up to sit on top and have their picture taken....

And before you discount transportation issues, you could easily built this that it goes in the back of one pickup truck, van, or large SUV.
CMCHammer (Justin Cunningham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Force for a Cure (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Don that it has to be a LFL image to need approval. Many of the vinyl ones that I have seen in use or there is normally interest in is an LFL image.
PGHtoolman (Tim Gregg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience doing trade shows space usually comes in 10x10 foot sections. I would recommend working within that area.

Love the ideas, your concerns are the exact points that I made to people about doing sets for SCC.

And before anyone gives me a hard time. I'm out, got to get back to work on my costume.
CMCHammer (Justin Cunningham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info Tim and yes get back to work. I want to troop with TFA Luke soon!
Schraeds (Matt Schraeder)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbickel wrote:

Don,

Are you sure about this one not needing approval? It looks like the Death Star corridor. Isn't that LFL?
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
ncpeacock ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done the big set thing. The blast a trooper thing and the table banner thing. I would recommend a banner to start. Sets are great but as mention a huge amount of space. To store set up etc. we have the Death Star window and emperors chair in Delaware. We only use it a certain events due to size time and difficulty transporting. My old garrison and base we had a mos Eisley outdoor wall set. Blame thing. Loads of groups have them just need somebody with a place to keep it transport and to build. Our Delaware set takes 4-6 people to set up and about 3 hours. It's about 10ft tall as well.

Banners best way to go. Also as mentioned there are specific scenes approved from lfl so you have to use those unless it is a complete original peice if art with no sw references. There is a link to a company that prints them somewhere in a forum. Simple PVC frame and good to go. Gronk droids. Stuff for table etc are best way from there. Kids love cards and temp tattoos and I have used tons over the years. My opinion is start there work up. If not no worries just been there before and been the one hauling and storing stuff
"NCTusken"
Takodana Base
Rebel Legion
gplatzer (Gina Platzer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGHtoolman wrote:
From my experience doing trade shows space usually comes in 10x10 foot sections. I would recommend working within that area.

Love the ideas, your concerns are the exact points that I made to people about doing sets for SCC.

And before anyone gives me a hard time. I'm out, got to get back to work on my costume.

Are you done yet? Razz
dbickel (Don Bickel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schraeds wrote:
dbickel wrote:

Don,

Are you sure about this one not needing approval? It looks like the Death Star corridor. Isn't that LFL?

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=67849
Quote:
The images not needing permission are the Forest moon of Endor, Carded backdrop, and the Death Star banner.

It doesn't require LFL approval and looks like it came from a Star Wars picture...that is why I like it. I am more then willing to get an official LFL image as well, but I thought this would work well for multiple clubs.
dbickel (Don Bickel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncpeacock wrote:
Having done the big set thing. The blast a trooper thing and the table banner thing. I would recommend a banner to start. Sets are great but as mention a huge amount of space. To store set up etc. we have the Death Star window and emperors chair in Delaware. We only use it a certain events due to size time and difficulty transporting. My old garrison and base we had a mos Eisley outdoor wall set. Blame thing. Loads of groups have them just need somebody with a place to keep it transport and to build. Our Delaware set takes 4-6 people to set up and about 3 hours. It's about 10ft tall as well.

Banners best way to go. Also as mentioned there are specific scenes approved from lfl so you have to use those unless it is a complete original peice if art with no sw references. There is a link to a company that prints them somewhere in a forum. Simple PVC frame and good to go. Gronk droids. Stuff for table etc are best way from there. Kids love cards and temp tattoos and I have used tons over the years. My opinion is start there work up. If not no worries just been there before and been the one hauling and storing stuff

Gene,

This is not entirely accurate. We are allowed to have Star Wars spelled out due to the LFL license we have, but we cannot use Star Wars licensed images without consent. An example of this is the carded backdrop I listed above which is original artwork but contains Star Wars on the backdrop does NOT require LFL approval to use beforehand.

I agree with working up, but frankly there have been several events in Central PA where we could have used a backdrop image and none were available. Setting up a simple backdrop for photos does not take 3 hours to do but minutes beforehand...and could be an added perk our group could offer LFL sporting groups to enhance their fans overall star wars experience at their venue's event.
Schraeds (Matt Schraeder)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbickel wrote:

It doesn't require LFL approval and looks like it came from a Star Wars picture...that is why I like it. I am more then willing to get an official LFL image as well, but I thought this would work well for multiple clubs.

Thanks, Don. If we can get a good-looking backdrop that doesn't need approval, then get it. It makes less paperwork.
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schraeds wrote:
dbickel wrote:

Thanks, Don. If we can get a good-looking backdrop that doesn't need approval, then get it. It makes less paperwork.

I second this.

Matt thirded it last week.

Lol
Tiogar_ag_Fiach ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If sets do get the go ahead at some point let me know. I've made quick up down sets before, and depending on timing may or may not have some materials lying around.
Vaidya_69 ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these booth display upgrade ideas are truly very nice. I am impressed. For our trade expo we would also be buying trade show displays and after seeing this I am definitely going to try out something interesting like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: