Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f0c38ce5a06f97b366bda79bf3a23982Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PadLeia ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tabitha (PadLeia) and I currently live in downtown Seattle. As of today, I am a newly approved Senatorial Leia! I am so excited to now be an official member of the Alpha Base. My husband and I heard about the 501st and Rebel Legion about a year ago. We were so excited to find out that we can take our geeky love for Star Wars combined with costuming and use it to do some good. We started on our costumes right away.

Currently we are also approved in the 501st Legion as Imperial Officers. I guess that means we are conflicted in the ways of the force Wink I assure you that there is BOTH good and bad in us.

We are also working on finishing up our Jedi costumes and will be submitting them very soon.

I can't wait to troop, interact, and get to know you all. If you have any advice for a new trooper or if there is anything at all that I can help with just let me know!

MTFBY!
Leia Buns
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tabitha!

Since you're already part of GT as well I'm guessing you've found your way over to the forum we share with them. If you're excited to start trooping, you're just in time! The late April/early May Madness is about to start! We have a ton of troops coming up in the next few weeks.

This weekend we'll be at WWU's Queer Comic Con [http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=8610], and we have a Bantha-load (19!!!) of events for the weekend of May the 4th and Free Comic Book Day. [http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/viewforum.php?f=181]

Also, on May 13th before the monthly Meet & Greet we're having a Ladies of the Legions Spa Day. You can sign up for that here: http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8616

Finally, we have a Alpha Base Members-Only "secret" Facebook page. PM me the email address that is linked to your FB account if you'd like to be added to that.
RhidelSilpheed (Bry Squires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Rebel Legion Move in's Reply with quote

Greetings!

My name is Bry, and my wife and I (Forum name Japhoor Moongrazer) have just moved into your base!

Our last post was in Mos Eisley (Phoenix Arizona) and we've just gotten settled in to our new home in Lynnwood WA, and are ready for some trooping. We've been active members in our base and base detachments since 2009/10 and have several jedi- Jillian also has an OT Mon Mothma.

We'd like to get to know our new base and it's members. We are a tad shy but love to help out where we can. Thanks and we hope to get to know you all-

PS-I let my old CO know where we ended up. Do we need to do anything else for our memberships to transfer?

Thanks again!
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bry, and Japhoor!

We're really excited to have you join us! We have no Mon Mothma, and we have many rebels who'd love to troop with her.

In the chance that you aren't busy tonight, we have our monthly Meet & Greet at Round Table Pizza tonight at 7:00.

I can also add you to our Facebook group if you PM me the email addresses linked to your Facebook account.

I'll check to see where your Base transfer is. There isn't anything else you need to do.
FalconEngineer ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Sean.

I am new to all of this Rebel Legion and 501st stuff. I am also relatively new to the area. I moved here in December 2016 so I look forward to making new friends.

I recently had the unique opportunity to acquire a full "Evil Chimp FX" Chewbacca costume. Once I get it in the next week or so, I will start the formal process of submitting for Rebel Legion Membership. Until then, I have been reading the forums and getting up to speed on what you guys do. I also have been looking at the wookiee costume submission process so that will go as smoothly as possible.

I really want to start trooping by going to Children's hospitals and other charity events, that way I can share my love of Star Wars with other people. Does Alpha Base do co-events with the 501st to get both good guys and bad guys together? Edit: I guess you do stuff with Garrison Titan of the 501st

Let me know if there is anything else I should know or read to be a productive member?
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sean!

We (local RL, 501st, Saber Guild, Mandos) have Monthly Meet & Greets, and the one this month is October 21st. You should come say hello! There's a Facebook event for it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/133333913972274

I don't know a whole lot Chewie costumes, but the forums should be a great resource!

Yep, we work with the 501st a lot!

Reading through the forums and looking at the submission process is an excellent route to get started. You're on the right track!
FalconEngineer ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katherine and everyone,

Here is a sample video my friend took with my phone. That is his house not mine. Yes, that is a queen alien busting through the wall.

https://youtu.be/_gczMnysOUQ

I'll get all the official pictures for my application this weekend. We didn't have time to do all the photos tonight with the proper lighting. I look forward to meeting alot of you on the 21 OCT 17.

By the way do they make movie chairs that a 7 foot 2 inch Wookiee can sit in comfortably?
FalconEngineer ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize I will need a serious make over for my official photos since i look rather bushy. If there are any stylist in the legion that specialize in full body Wookiee combings. Please let me know. Otherwise I will have to do it on my own.
Aquadrazi ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Carrie.

I've been trying to get the courage to finish a costume for about 3 years now and finally got the forum account to jump into the fire with the group build coming up. I've been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, and it wasn't until I went to my first ECCC that I realized that making Star Wars costumes was something that maybe I could do.

I live in Everett, WA. Moved there from Minnesota about 2 years ago so I'm pretty new to the area. Nothing like jumping into a group to meet people with similar interests as myself.

For me, one of the favorite parts of ECCC or DragonCon is watching the crowd react to the members of the Rebel Legion (and the other costume groups). Not only the initial awe at the character that looks like they walked off the screen and onto the convention floor, but the openness to talk about their costume build, and geek out about installing electronics, or sharing a tip about how to make a certain piece.

So I was hoping to jump in on the Resistance X-Wing group build. I also am working on a Mon Mothma, Ceremonial Leia, and an Episode II Barriss Offee. All 3 are at various points of frustration.
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconEngineer wrote:
I realize I will need a serious make over for my official photos since i look rather bushy. If there are any stylist in the legion that specialize in full body Wookiee combings. Please let me know. Otherwise I will have to do it on my own.

I don't know a whole lot, but I know some use baby powder for dematting the wookiee. Plus it makes you smell nice rather than like sweaty wookiee. XD
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquadrazi wrote:
Hi, my name is Carrie.

I've been trying to get the courage to finish a costume for about 3 years now and finally got the forum account to jump into the fire with the group build coming up. I've been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, and it wasn't until I went to my first ECCC that I realized that making Star Wars costumes was something that maybe I could do.

I live in Everett, WA. Moved there from Minnesota about 2 years ago so I'm pretty new to the area. Nothing like jumping into a group to meet people with similar interests as myself.

For me, one of the favorite parts of ECCC or DragonCon is watching the crowd react to the members of the Rebel Legion (and the other costume groups). Not only the initial awe at the character that looks like they walked off the screen and onto the convention floor, but the openness to talk about their costume build, and geek out about installing electronics, or sharing a tip about how to make a certain piece.

So I was hoping to jump in on the Resistance X-Wing group build. I also am working on a Mon Mothma, Ceremonial Leia, and an Episode II Barriss Offee. All 3 are at various points of frustration.

Welcome Carrie! We're glad to have you in our base and in the build group!

We have a Mon Mothma and a Ceremonial Leia on the Base, so they can most likely help you through the bumps on those costumes too. We also have another prospective member who wants to do Barriss so you two may want to team up on that one.
Drawmaster ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(almost forgot to introduce my self) Greetings. My name is Andrew, and i'm from Everett, Wa.
A little about me:
currently a fan of The Clone Wars TV Series and prequel trilogy
Favorite Character: Kit Fisto
Star Wars Soundtrack/Poster collector

What inspired you do join?
My obsession with costume making to wear for star wars celebration, and since most people I've seen/met are apart of the 501st legion.

What do you like about being a rebel legion member?
The fact that you get to dress up in a costume any day of the year, helping out at events and fundraising.

What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in the future?
Currently working on my Rebel Fleet Trooper uniform to meet the standards.
Gregory ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Gregory from Olympia. I'm active in Garrison Titan as an ESB Boba Fett. I'm contemplating at least 2 Rebel Legion costumes. One is an ESB Luke for myself, the other is an Obi-Wan Kenobi for my recently widowed dad. I'm still trying to gauge how interested he is in joining us. He seems interested sometimes, but less so othertimes.

I have a couple of questions about the Obi-Wan costume, like how do I apply for my dad? I honestly don't think he could figure out how to do it on his own, computer-wise, he's 84! The other questions is, can we "share" a costume? I ask because he may not troop often, or even at all, even if I help him get approved.

His interest varies depending on a lot of things, I'm hoping to help him find things to do. I really think he'd like it if I can get him to a troop or two. So I'd want to use the Obi-Wan costume if it turned out he didn't end up participating. Wondering if that's ever come up before.

Anyway those are my current plans. At some point I'll also do a Tatooine Luke to go with the Landspeeder we're building as a photo prop, which will eventually be driveable in parades. Looking forward to trooping with Alpha Base!
FalconEngineer ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have taken alot of photos and i finally submitted my application with 20 photos. I think I got the grooming of the facial hair down correctly. I just need better hairspray. I have some on order from the UK.

I am really pumped up to start trooping with and meeting everyone. On one of the times last weekend when I was getting photos taken for my application, my friend suggested that we walk the 2 blocks to the highway 2. Lots of people on the road were very excited and were honking, waving, and yelling out their car windows. I even had several groups of people turn around and stop so that they could get pictures taken with me. Here are some action shots.

I think because my hair wasn't sprayed down all the way some people might have confused me with a sasquatch.
JediKai ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. Sounds like a great experience.

Just don't contribute to an accident. Way back before the opening of Ep II, we were out on the side walk in the early am commute time outside Pacific Science Center. I think a couple drivers "lost focus"......

Gregory... pm sent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: