Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=87ff7e2239c160257b77e013995c2125Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Air & Scare Table Display 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Air & Scare Table Display 2017 Reply with quote

Freedom Base,
We are about two months out now from out big NOVA Air and Scare event at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, Va. This year's event will be on 21 October. We will be having our table display and photo ops along with the 501st, Mando Mercs and R2-D2 builders club. For those who have not participated in this event before, it is one of, if not the biggest and largest participated base events we have each year.

It is time now to start planning for this year's event. I will be the table coordinator again and also assisting Lori as an event organizer again for Freedom Base and the RL. Together we will be organizing the photo ops, table volunteers, dressing room procedures, costuming groups etc. as we have in the past years.

The first thing we need to decide and design is our table display for this year....for the past 3 years we moved to a costume display featuring costumes from all of the different detachments as much as we could....mostly finished products but a couple in progress. props and accessories that accompany those specific costumes. We have been concentrating on the costuming aspect of the club vs. just having random "stuff" on the table for people to look at....trying to make it a real recruiting tool. We can either do that again this year or come up with a new idea to work for.

For this to be successful, it needs to be BASE effort. For the past 3 years I have supplied the MAJORITY of items and costumes for the displays and tables using all my own costumes and props. Last year we had a much bigger turn out to help with transportation, setup and tear down than previous years. I will need that same support again this year as I cannot do that all by myself.....I need help from the participants this year. I also need more donations from people to provide items for the table to display so I can actually wear a rebel costume for a change that I have not been able to do in the past few years.

We will need to update and get printed new promotional materials for the table.....someone will need to step up to take care of this....maybe the Base CO or someone can help out in this capacity. It may require funds donations to get things printed....more to come if that will be necessary.

We will set up a schedule for table duty. Please everyone volunteer for a shift so a few people are not stuck at the table all the event. We really want to spread the responsibilities so everyone will have the opportunity to enjoy everything the troop has to offer.....table duty, photo ops, interaction with children, walking around in costume, etc.

So lets start throwing out some ideas about what you would like seen done this year for our display!!!! I look forward to another GREAT event this year!!!

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Assistant Rebel Merchandising Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring my torso mannequins as well as my Naboo Officer for Display, and my Jedi, along with various props.
I will most likely be wearing my Kanan, RFT and Gunner while I am there.
In the way of props, I will have my various sabers, Han Solo blaster, Bail Organa blaster.

I have a TON of trifolds left over from Awesomecon as well as the Orange FAQ flyers.

we will need trading cards for the tables and since we havent done a run of the tattoos, I will bring what I have left.

I also have a bunch of the bookmarks I believe.

I liked seeing the display from the previous years with the detachment signs set out with the appropriate costumes, and then the big screen behind the table with laptops on the ends.

It would be GREAT if we had the Action figure backdrop so that we can stand that up next to the table area and have photo ops there as well as either the Tantive or Falcon backdrop in key areas.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Npask82 (Nick Pasquariello)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

I'm fully expecting a negative response here but will attempt the question anyway. As far as trading cards go. Are there any options outside of the legion level ones? That is such a tough run to get in on. Are there no base/detachment level ones? I know the printer that I used for my Tank Commander had them to me in less than a week from ordering.

I'd offer to make a frame for us but I have no skillz with the graphics.

-break-

Rick, just like last year I'll be available to help with set up and I don't mind putting the Resistance Pilot Helmet on the table like at AwesomeCon especially if we can but both Liberty 1 & Liberty 2 next to each other for both generations of FB designs
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Assistant Rebel Merchandising Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npask82 wrote:
Joel,

I'm fully expecting a negative response here but will attempt the question anyway. As far as trading cards go. Are there any options outside of the legion level ones? That is such a tough run to get in on. Are there no base/detachment level ones? I know the printer that I used for my Tank Commander had them to me in less than a week from ordering.

I'd offer to make a frame for us but I have no skillz with the graphics.

-break-

Rick, just like last year I'll be available to help with set up and I don't mind putting the Resistance Pilot Helmet on the table like at AwesomeCon especially if we can but both Liberty 1 & Liberty 2 next to each other for both generations of FB designs

So this isnt really a negative response. Yes there are options for trading cards outside the legion ones. Other Bases do them within the base, but there are requirements for them to be separate from the Legion Level ones.
Making the frame for it really isnt the problem, its having the persons to do the graphics work on the cards itself.
I dont know how many persons within the base are able to do the masking and background work like what we do with the Legion ones, besides myself.
If we could get a frame for the cards, I dont mind assisting with getting some done and then sending the final version in PDF form to the member for printing, but I cant do it all by myself.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: