Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93dd50fd70c7e662a6410a9524207cd4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Chewie build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gato ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Chewie build Reply with quote

This is my 3rd wookiee build. The other two I have are Snoova (working on him for approval) and Black Krrsantan (waiting on comissioned armor). I finished Black Krrsantan in 3 months, so I want to be done with Chewie in around the same time frame of about 3-6 months. Ive used stilts in the past, bit Im going to try pink foam lifts this time to be a little shorter than the other 2 which are 7'6".

Here are some progress pics to make sure Im doing this right:

Evil Chimp mask kit assembled and hair punched. I had to do a lot of grooming after punching to get rid of tons of excess hair.
gato ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One with the flash on
gato ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about 3 days of work. About 24 hours of work on one sleeve. I picked up the fishnet shirt from ebay in 3Xl. I usually wear XL but the first one was kind of tight. 3xl will do nicely. The holes were a snaller than the joann's utility mesh I used before so I guess that means more latching.

gato ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have my bando from Mel Mattson that I use with my Snoova to troop as Chewie a few times. Here is a pic from Boo at the Zoo last year:
gato ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink foam with height of 12". It will put me at 6'11 and mask will add 3", so I should be good. Gonna add foam mat on the bottom once they are duck tapped up to add a little more height. They arent pretty, but once the are taped up and haired they will look better.

gato ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on this arm all day today and finally finished. Gonna take a break and start on the feet.

gato ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked some shoes from the thrift store for $5 and caulked em down. Might be overkill on the caulk, but oh well. Once the caulk dries, I'll duck tape it all together then make toes.

gato ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got most of the ways up the back done yesterday and working an hour this morning on it.

gato ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know exactly where the gray is supposed to start on the arms? I see some people have it hanging until the elbows and others on the shoulders and not hanging down the arm. Also, does the gray start on the bottom sides of the shirt to transition to the pants?
yadsmood ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about in previous movies but the TFA Chewie has pretty short hair on the arms and the grey stops a bit before the elbows at about t-shirt sleeve length as seen here:

gato ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im working on an OT Chewie. Thanks for your response.
gato ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirt is finished. Still needs to be thinned out though.

gato ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Chewie selfies: Dont worry about the beard. I will trim that up to a better looking length once I thin out the shirt.

gato ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put some purse magnetic snaps on the lifts to attach the legs to.

gato ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the plastic spoon idea for the toe nails like another build on here, so I carved out some foam and attached the spoons dremeled to shape. I am in the process of adding some latex over the foam. Will do a few layers of latex, then spray on some plastidip black.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: