Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=40235f3e6f4b8e6bf74061b54ae7fde4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Important: DW2018 Will be the last.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apok ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Important: DW2018 Will be the last. Reply with quote

Hi all,

Well after about 2 and a half months of emails and phone calls with DW and Disney we finally have come up with a date for DW2018. It will be held on the 23rd and 24th of June 2018. To get this date was in itself a massive effort, with Disney changing their mind and the rules several times. We got there in the end.

With the opening of the new Star Wars worlds at the Disney parks, I thought it prudent to ask if DW2018 was going to be the last. It looks like I was right in that bad feeling I was getting. DW2018 will be the last time we will hold this event at Dreamworld. There is no coming back from this unless Disney go bankrupt. I can't see that happening.

The main reason cited was the opening of the theme parks and to quote Disney "other reasons". Not that they say the other reasons, but we can all probably guess. That we managed to get 9 years at a theme park that is not Disney related is a miracle in itself. We had a fantastic run and some amazing memories. We have had troopers, rebels, mandos and GA's from all over the country and from around the world come to join us in the fun.

This may be the last DW folks, but let's make sure that we get out there and show those Yanks, Asian, Pacific, Middle East, African and EU troopers what a real event is like. One that we have worked so hard to build into the best event Australia has had, if not the world. Nowhere else in the world do you get to do what we do at DW and that is something we get to be very proud of. We ride the Motocoaster, feed a croc, fight in the streets with sabers, march down the main street of the park and just make a whole lot of people happy by being us.

Thank you all for a fantastic 8 years and I hope to see you all at the 9th and final year for Dreamworld.

Please note this is not like a John Farnham tour. This is it. The event has been buried, molten lead poured over he casket, the casket and lead dug up, that mass then thrown into the ocean and the ocean filled in with more molten lead and then an asteroid crashed on top of it all. It is folks Game Over after DW2018.

More info and the sign up sheet will be cross posted in the next few days. You can also head to www.501st.com.au to the RBG forums and sign up. PM our web gurus, Moxxxie and Altair if you have any issues with access.

Cheers
Apok
Archivist32 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! I am really disappointed that an Australian Centric event will disappear from the Calender!

A disappointed librarian.

Cosplay takes you from the ordinary to the extrodinary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: