Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d8128e5719026dfb8999dc8f8b4fefe4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi needing submission photo help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Jedi needing submission photo help. Reply with quote

Hello there!

I have been working on my Generic Jedi costume for months, now I'm finished and ready for submission photos. I have tried to take them with every camera and camera phone I have and they all lack detail needed for submission. It seems a shame that I have worked so hard only to hit a road block now.

I live in North Georgia and I'm looking for any photography suggestions. Anyone live up this way? Know of any photographers that don't charge and arm and leg? Maybe a place that rents DSLR cameras?

Or

Any suggestions on working with what I have? My camera does take phenomenal close ups, could I take full length shots for the costume fit (sleeve length, tunic length, tabbards construction ect...) then take close ups for the details (fabric texture, stitching, belt ect...)

It crushes me that all my hard work may amount to nothing because I can't overcome this hurdle. I'm posting my best shots please give any advice you can, especially if you see something on my costume that needs tweaking to make standards. Also here is a link to my WIP thread... http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84992

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.....

Re-took photos and submitted.
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Fuzzy. Sorry I didn't see this post until now.

You can get great results in natural sunlight with your phone. Don't take photos indoors and certainly not at night. The best time to take photos is outside around 4pm-5pm or so (The Golden Hour). In front of the closed garage door is my preferred spot.

Good luck. I think your costume looks great (I am no judge of Jedi though. Smile)

Rebel Legion Profile

Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Jedi costume looks beautiful! I especially like the green.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: