Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6f6907deb88aa3e5fde8f182493c46dcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

my Kloo-horn research / build/ finished prop & costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space-In-Vader ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next dimensions and details:
I guess that the rods are of the same diameter as the black rings. So 5 mm copper-rods will do it.
There are two little discs between the three silver rods at the bottom.
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First makeshift of the kloo-horn with the parts that I made today:
Tubes, slits and rings cut. Acrylic glas is a little bit nasty: when I cut it too fast there is too much heat so that the acrylic glas melts to a kind of instant superglue that stops all the saw-blade/ machine and it's tearing the tube apart. I have to cut it by very small steps and have to wait some seconds between each step.
I am happy with these dimensions and the look so far.

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found another behind-the-scenes-picture that shows the last section on the bottom of the horn: four rings, another gap and then a disc. (the other sections just are: four rings and no gap to the silver rings).
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today I filed down the edges of the tubes and rings to make them look better. I sanded the surfaces to improve the paint-adhesion. I made a structure for the cap and a draft version of the cap's covering made of a sheet of paper.

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

further dimensions:

there are about 8 red rings at the bottom and and disc.

given that the length is the same as one section of 4 black rings and 3 spaces the red rings are about 5,2 mm thick.
edit: maybe I have to look closer and substract the thickness of the silver disc. This would mean: red rings are about 4 mm thick. This corresponds better to my perception that the red rings are narrower than the black rings.

the diameter of the red rings is about 41 mm. The diameter of the disc at the bottom is about 49 mm.
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Materials part 2 Reply with quote

Additional materials:
Nr. 1 is a special glue for acrylic glass. When I glue to parts with this special glue these parts seem to be one unit. You can see the cap-construction with the rubber-hose inside on the left. Amazing.
Nr. 2 are rods made of copper used for... the rods simply. Have to paint the upper ones silver. Nr. 3 are paints: for the rods, the item on the very bottom (Nr. 7: it's a guitar knob) and for the red rings (Nr. 6). Additional plate of acrylic glass for the disc on the bottom is Nr. 4. I put the red rings on a tube (outside diameter 35 mm): Nr. 5.
I had the tube made of aluminum left over since I used these material to make the inside of my lightsaber-hilt:

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: dimensions Reply with quote

When I say that the silver rings are 2,09 cm the single space at the bottom and the disc at the bottom are about 1,04 cm:

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: dimensions key pad Reply with quote

5,5 cm x 8 cm; key: 1,3 cm x 1,3 cm.
edit:
after testing the size with the build horn, I think 4,1 x 6 cm matches better; keys: 1,1 x 1,1 cm

Last edited by Space-In-Vader () on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: progress Reply with quote

things are going slowly...

details of the top cap (build by scratch; I failed several times to make a sturdy version) and the bottom section (will be inserted in the tube):

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: grip-structure / dimensions Reply with quote

in the middle-section: the top ring is about 2 cm, the ring at the bottom is thicker (about 3 cm).
the grip-structure (around the keys) is about 9,8 cm high.

Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: sound kloo horn Reply with quote

key pad (made from scratch) is working; sound fx by adafruit.

to see the first test in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWtOedk90w
Myna Sturnidae (Kimberly Ramsay)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming along well Cool

Rebel Legion - Echo Base
Clones of the Republic (CT)
Wretched Hive (TR-AOTC)
The Wretched Hive XO
GRRRL 72
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it is:

I hope you like it.
The keypad is fully operational.

edit:
I will do some weathering the next three days by visiting an open air festival. Woo-hoo!
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: details/ first trooping experience Reply with quote

here some details: the red disc has a identation in the middle and there is a thicker rod between the guitar-knob and ther bottom of the tube.

I made my first troop as an alien this weekend: the mask is comfortable to wear (not too hot inside); breathing is no problem and sight is really good. The moutpiece stays in the mask's mouth when inserted once: I think it was helpful to insert a segment without any rod inside the black tube just after the mouthpiece- this way the tube stays flexible and the mouthpiece just stays in place even when moving and dancing to the music.
Space-In-Vader ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: aaand action...! Reply with quote

here is a nice picture someone took at the festival:

Last edited by Space-In-Vader () on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: