Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b1fd9701665f5715b17b0c28f1cdb2daMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ultrasaber prophecy v3 review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roushmustang ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Ultrasaber prophecy v3 review Reply with quote

I have been using a Force FX Anakin Saber with removable blade for my first lightsaber and decided to get a different lightsaber as the value of that collectable continues to climb. So after some internal deliberation I decided on a prophecy v3 hilt with sunrider's destiny led unit.

To start; the hilt is constructed out of aluminum, is loosely based on Anakin's hilt from AOTC, and comes in at about 11" long and 1.4" wide. It comes equipped with a covertec wheel, 2 holes drilled near the emitter that act as a sort of emitter window, and 2 choke points (1 near the emitter and 1 near mid point) that allows for comfortable single and dual hand grips. I don't have a scale to weigh it, but it definitely feels a lot lighter than my force fx Saber (presumably due to lack of speaker and differences in construction material) which should lead to better extended use. The led is a single high powered diode and my personal color appears as a greenish teal, definitely not deep green but not terribly tinted with blue either. The led is also incredibly bright, i took it outside and while i forgot to take a picture due to excitement, can say that it suffers very little wash out and should handle day troops fairly well. I opted for a basic stunt setup so there is no sound board in mine, but one can be ordered, and the unit is powered by 4 AAA batteries.

For a blade a opted for their standard heavy grade blade with a rounded tip. I chose this over their ultraedge offering due to stories I've heard saying that the reflective material inside the ultraedge blades can dent even in the heavy grade blade. I also opted for the 36" length due to the fact that you lose between 1-2" to the hilt which made the total length about 45". I found the balance point to be about 2" off the end of the emitter and found the Saber to be relatively neutral in my hands, being neither too blade nor hilt heavy during swings.

I do have some minor complaints about my hilt though. Some small parts of the surface felt unfinished and while not nad enough to hurt it was slightly annoying, as well you can see some rough edges on the hole that was drilled for the ignition switch. The led unit also lacks a locking pin so it relies on the blade being completely seated to prevent it from floating. The battery pack is also the same way due to a lack of speaker which can lead to a slightly annoying, occasional rattle during use (though this can and has been easily remedied with a little bit of foam to act as a filler).

All in all, for the price that I paid and what I received, I am extremely happy with my purchase and won't hesitate to order another stunt Saber from them again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: