Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec6dd625c885281596b469cd3ba042dcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TCW1-2 General Kenobi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaall Ytan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: TCW1-2 General Kenobi Reply with quote

Hi guys, I have been putting together a "The Clone Wars S1-S2" General Kenobi costume for a couple months now and I am aiming to have it approved before summer.

I am well aware that as it is right now, it is not approvable. However I am looking at the CRL and believe the following checklist is acurate as to what I have done correctly and what's needed to be done:

1. Clone white animated-style armour (forearms, elbows, biceps with backs cut out, shoulders, handplates, shins, knees)
• Left shoulder has red Jedi symbol. (needs to be painted, projected date of 7/2/17)
• Elbows must be attached to forearms. (done)
• Jedi white chest/shoulder armour with mock-neck collar (done, fabric neck collar to be weathered on 7/2/17)
• All armour pieces must have the correct weathering / neck seal must go completely around the neck (No gaps allowed) (acurate weathering needs to be painted on)
• All armour pieces must be made from a rigid material (No foamies allowed) (done)
2. Tan sleeveless outer tunic, knee length (done)

3. Single tabard in front extending down from the waist to knee level (done)

4. Dark brown obi (need to do)

5. Black undersuit (done)

6. Black gloves (done)

7. Dark Brown leather belt with smaller inner strap and silver buckle (placeholder, need to redo)

8. 2 tall brown leather pouches (placeholder, need to redo)

9. Revenge of the Sith Hero lightsaber hilt (done, Saberforge Crystal Champion Redeemer, weathered finish)

10. Belt components should be arranged in the proper order (done, will redo with proper belt and components)

11. White clone trooper style shoes (done)

12. Hair should be styles as seen in series. Costumer should have a beard. Wigs and prosthetics are allowed (done)

With this said, here's photographic evidence of where I stand as of today.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have done a good job. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Kaall Ytan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the Jedi Order symbol. It has been painted on, with specific weathering. It needs some more blending though as I know brush strokes are there, and the scratches seem pink in the pictures for some odd reason.

I did not use stencils, I tend to freehand symbols like that on my armor pieces. I don't know why I do it, but that's the way I do it.

Still, I'm pleased with the result so far. I'll be touching it up after this weekend.

lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's freehand??? Very nice! I think this is coming along nicely! I just hope my build looks half as good as yours. Very nice weathering too.

And I might have missed that the neck collar was fabric if you hadn't pointed it out. I'm going to try to get the plastic collar to work on mine but nice to know that there are other options. Fabric is probably a lot more comfortable! LOL

Cheers,
Leonard
coachfatjesus ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have patterns or videos of this? im trying to do this armor for DragonCon 2017
Kaall Ytan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachfatjesus wrote:
do you have patterns or videos of this? im trying to do this armor for DragonCon 2017

If you're talking about the armor pieces, I bought them from imperialsurplus/kwdesigns. The tunic has been custom tailored so there's no pattern. For everything else, my inspiration came from Shay's impressive build here http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55618&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

All the other info I took from the costume reference pictures hosted here on the site.

Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: