Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4a544bb5b83e73ae82598b3f8fa4ebc6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trying to make a grey jedi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedijoe89 ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Trying to make a grey jedi. Reply with quote

So im looking into making a grey Jedi. Im not sure where to start i know i want the grey color schemes but i also i want a hood on the tunic to give it the loner jedi look if that makes sense. I'm just seeing if anyone has made a grey jedi and had it approved.

Regional Capatian Syracuse NY
BXO Echo Base
KJO Blum Fruit member
PDelahanty (Patrick Delahanty)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Jedi exist?

Pablo Hidalgo doesn't seem to think so...
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/821480675463151617?lang=en
rlobrecht ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a Jedi? If we look at the Prequel era in isolation, a Jedi is someone who is a member of the Jedi order in good standing. If we look at the OT era in isolation, a Jedi is someone who uses the light side of the force (only three known Jedi). We don't yet have a label for Rey.

From a RL costume point of view, you can make a Generic Jedi that adheres to the CRL using a grey color scheme. Just don't mix black and red.

The Dark Empire has a CRL for Grey Jedi. http://thedarkempire.org/crl/traditional-style-costumes/
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: What Is A Jedi?

in a nutshell:

- if you use the force, to enact the will of the force, this brings "balance" to the force.
- if you "USE" the force, (against its will), THIS brings "imbalance" to the force.

how do we know this? from watching TPM.

- Qui-gon's mantra was "follow the will of the force"; the Jedi Order rolled their eyes at him.
- Qui-gon was granted immortality by his God, as a reward for his Mantra; the Jedi Order were destroyed by the Force Itself (via the Chosen One).

-=====-

consider:

a thousand generations ago: the "Jedi Order" was formed, as the military arm of the Galactic Senate.

the "Jedi Order" swore an Oath, to enact the "will" of the newly formed senate, at all costs.

- this means : the "Jedi Order", does NOT care about the will of the force.
(remember: the eye-roll -- they think Qui-gon is full of beans -- their allegiance is to Democracy).

- the "Jedi Order" cares ONLY about the "will of the people".
(watch the "opera house" scene, from ROTS -- the Jedi define "Good" as the "COMMON GOOD" -- (as determined by the 'popular vote' of corrupt & evil politicians) -- they have adopted a system of dynamic morality, which changes over time, according to politics -- they have forsaken the "will" of their own god)

- they are "government agents" -- they go on secret missions for Chancellor Vallorum.

- they uphold the "will of the senate" -- EVEN when the senate is controlled by the Politics of Fear...

...EVEN when the senate is completely dysfunctional and ruled by a Sith Lord -- they follow the Senate into Galactic War -- they follow the senate, at ALL COSTS.

^^ (they act AGAINST the "will of the force", on a daily basis ; this brings IMBALANCE to the force).

-======-

conclusion: the "Jedi Order" caused the IMBALANCE in the force, by its very existence. why?

because the "Jedi Order" PREVENTED the individual "Jedi Knights" from following the will of the force.

(they did this to Qui-Gion -- watch TPM -- remember the eye-roll).

the Jedi Order (as an "institution") was inextricably tied to the government -- it was a Union of Church and State -- they forsook their own God, in favor of Politics.

result:

- the Force responded in Self Defense, to achieve "separation of church and state", (to safeguard its own existence).

- the Force created its Chosen One -- to bring balance to the force -- to wipe out ALL force users, who were NOT following the will of the force.

- this included the entire institution called "Jedi Order" -- NONE of these guys were following the will of the force -- they swore and Oath to follow the Senate, (FFS!)

- this included the entire Sith Order -- THESE guys didn't follow the will of the force either -- they followed their own selfish will.

- this included the 'younglings' in the temple -- these children had been taught since birth, to follow the "Will of the People" -- (they were taught to IGNORE the will of the force).

Anakin. Killed. Them. All.

--> in the end, the ONLY one left alive is Luke.

Luke is taught : "let go your conscious self" and "Let the Force guide your actions".

(aka : "Follow The Will Of The Force").

---> when ALL force-users in the galaxy are NOW following the "will of the force" again...

...this marks the "Return of the Jedi" , and brings Balance to the force.

-=====================-

in the end:

George Lucas has given us THREE paths to follow ; not just two.

Star Wars is NOT just about "good and evil" -- it's about "Morality" (in general).

ie : "what guides your actions"?

- selfishness? (the needs of the few?)
- selflessness? (the needs of the many?)
- or FAITH. (the will of a "Higher Power"?)

^^ only ONE of these paths leads to "immortality", (and is thus revealed to be the "correct" path).

^^ Qui-gon allowed the "will" of his god, to dictate his actions -- he took his 'morality' from the "Will" of a Higher Power -- his mantra was "Follow the Will of the Force" -- and he was rewarded. with immortality.

(Qui-gon reveals the correct path) :

- a Jedi who uses the force , to enact the will of the force , this brings "balance" to the force.

- a jedi who "uses" the force, against its will -- (like a form of 'rape') -- this brings "imbalance" to the force.

- ((and an institutionalized 'Jedi Order' -- who uses the force on a daily basis, to enact the Will of a Corrupt and Dysfunctional Senate -- who is sworn to follow the Senate at all costs -- (even at the cost of Galactic War) -- this DEFINITELY brings Imbalance to the force! LOL)) Razz

- ((due to a thousand-year-old "Union of Church and State": the Sith need only take control the government, to take control of the "Jedi Order" -- to control BOTH sides of the force)) Shocked

Last edited by Cobalt-60 () on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 am; edited 6 times in total
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

end of day :

a "JEDI" is :

someone who uses the force , to enact the will of the force.

-========-

- and a Jedi who wears "Grey Colored" robes ... is accepted in the Rebel Legion. Razz

cheers!
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
end of day :

a "JEDI" is :

someone who uses the force , to enact the will of the force.

-========-

- and a Jedi who wears "Grey Colored" robes ... is accepted in the Rebel Legion. Razz

cheers!

Now there's a mouth full haha and that all makes sense the more I look into a grey Jedi would just be a generic Jedi with grey color schemes

BXO Echo Base
KJO Blum Fruit member
rlobrecht ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thought out, Cobolt. Thank you.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

I've always thought the fall of the Jedi is like a giant "What If" scenario , based on the fall of the Samurai.

watch the movie "The Last Samurai".

the samurai are warrior-monks who travel the countryside imparting their own sense of justice on a nation. they derive their morality from their own moral code, which is static and unchanging -- like a form of "scripture" -- their definition of "right and wrong" is firmly established and it never changes.

they are given a choice in this movie: to yield their moral authority to the state -- or face oblivion. they must agree to become 'government agents', sworn to uphold the will of the government now; NO LONGER sworn to uphold their own moral authority, derived from their own moral code, which is static and unchanging.

history (and this movie) reveals, the samurai refused to join the government; they refused the proposed 'union of church and state' (so to speak); they refused to give up their own moral authority over their own actions -- and they were destroyed by the emperor's armies.

Star Wars asks "what if"?

what if, the samurai (jedi) had accepted the government's offer? what if they had joined with a newly formed government? and become tools of the establishment?

what if, the individual samurai (knights) had given up their moral authority over their own actions (over their use of the Force), and handed it over to a "senate committee" called "the Samurai Order" (or "Jedi Order") -- an institution sworn to follow the popular vote of corrupt fat-cats, and enact the "will" of a broken Senate -- (read: sworn to forsake the "will of the force"/"the samurai code")?

how would a "union of church and state" destroy an Ancient Order, which is meant to follow its own moral authority; not to follow the whims of a changing government?

--> the sad truth is , the Jedi Knights were doomed by the formation of the "Jedi Order" institution, a thousand generations ago.

when the Republic was formed, the "Jedi Order" was formed, at the same time. the Jedi Knights yielded moral authority over their use of the force, and handed it over to the Government instead -- they swore to uphold the "Will of the People" now, (to forsake the "will of the force"), on DAY#1.

((qui-gon tells us, a Jedi Knight is supposed to interpret the Will of the Force, and act it out on the Real World -- this is the Jedi Knight's Role in the Universe.

..but the "Jedi Order" (as an institution) EXISTS to interpret the "Will of the Senate", and then TELL the Knights what to do -- LOL -- they PREVENT the "Jedi Knight", from fulfilling his role in the universe)).

so , in a way, the story is already told.

by the time we get to the events of 'phantom menace' , it's all over but the crying. the Jedi are already Doomed. why?

George Lucas based his Jedi knights on the samurai of old .. but the "fall of the jedi" is based upon an alternate scenario to Real History -- a scenario which sees the samurai making the "wrong choice", many many years ago .. and we're just watching the inevitable fallout of that 'wrong choice', a thousand years later.

(so , in that way, the Jedi had no control over the conflict of the Prequel Trilogy -- we were watching an inevitable trainwreck, taking place MANY years after the fact)

Neutral

when the Jedi Order swore allegiance to the Will of the Senate (thus forsaking the Will of the Force) they caused an Imbalance in the force. they no longer filled their role in the universe. there was NOBODY acting out the "Will of the force" anymore.

Neutral

and this happened, a thousand generations BEFORE the saga-of-the-Chosen-One. (aka: the tragedy of Darth Vader) aka: Star Wars

Razz
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope from the trailers I've seen for ep 8 and Rebels the whole 'balance idea and ;time for the Jedi to end' thing doesn't mean were seeing the end of the Jedi just cause the Sith are now gone. Snoke and Kylo Ren seem to have filled that new role well enough. But gray Jedi..I can't say I've ever liked that idea.

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnstonMR (Michael Johnston)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to make a grey jedi. Reply with quote

Jedijoe89 wrote:
So im looking into making a grey Jedi. Im not sure where to start i know i want the grey color schemes but i also i want a hood on the tunic to give it the loner jedi look if that makes sense. I'm just seeing if anyone has made a grey jedi and had it approved.

While all of this debate about "grey jedi" is cool and all, it doesn't really answer poor JediJoe89's question.

Jedijoe89: Yes, lots of costumes one could consider "grey jedi" have been approved; if you take a look through the Generic Jedi lists, you'll find many. Hell, even my mostly-black ensemble could be considered Grey Jedi, and I don't agree with or accept the fannish "grey jedi" thing.

So, yeah. As long as you follow the CRLs, you're probably good.
Jedijoe89 ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to make a grey jedi. Reply with quote

JohnstonMR wrote:
Jedijoe89 wrote:

While all of this debate about "grey jedi" is cool and all, it doesn't really answer poor JediJoe89's question.

Jedijoe89: Yes, lots of costumes one could consider "grey jedi" have been approved; if you take a look through the Generic Jedi lists, you'll find many. Hell, even my mostly-black ensemble could be considered Grey Jedi, and I don't agree with or accept the fannish "grey jedi" thing.

So, yeah. As long as you follow the CRLs, you're probably good.

I know there's a lot of different theories about the grey Jedi but I just like the color scheme. I figured if I stay within the guidelines I'll be good I just gotta figure out the details.

BXO Echo Base
KJO Blum Fruit member
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to make a grey jedi. Reply with quote

JohnstonMR wrote:

Cobalt-60 wrote:
a Jedi who wears "Grey Colored" robes ... is accepted in the Rebel Legion. Razz

cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: