Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1d74b5be38bc02df5707422fc707c9f7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Manx Wookiee Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shy-ted72 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more update pictures, Kev has been flying through this process as you can see, once he starts a build he doesn't slow down.

So the Kit mask he purchased has been put together and the skin applied, he has used a welders mask headband and then built the crown with EVA foam.

He then went straight into laying up all the hair. The mask we sculpted and moulded will be completed i have just been busy with college work, normal work and life in general but it has not been shelved just delayed.

Rebuilt the toes on the stilts as they were a bit small.

Until finally the Isle of Man has its very own Chewie

Couple of stylised pictures too.

We are by no stretch saying this is complete and it will continue to be a work in progress but we think we have start of a great looking chewy, as always happy to receive constructive criticism and general opinions. Also if any new builders want to ask any questions about how we or more the point Kev and Zoe went about this process shout out we are happy to offer any hints, tips or tricks we picked up along this journey. We couldn't have done it without the valuable information contained within this forum if you look hard enough you can find the answers to almost all the problems you will hit on here as many people before us have hit them already.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Enjoy
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he looks great! Well done!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome!! I may need to observe some of your mask pics to help with mine. I still don't have a working jaw because I need to fix it so I can put pressure on jaw.
Yiyo (Tom)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks absolutely amazing bud!! Love the facial hair, certain resemblance of Josh's Chewie which I personally adore.

Well done on the boxes, they look brilliant!

Congrats on the build!
TD28125 Sandtrooper (501)
Thrain, Generic Wookiee (RL)
Admiral Ackbar (RL)

Last edited by Yiyo (Tom) on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
binz ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who Josh is for the chewie mask but it must be great if it looks like mine 😂 I just found some good close ups of ANH chewie and tried to do it justice . I've had to slick it back alot to hold the hair and stop it flopping at the sides , but I'm going to loosen some off to give it a little more movement . Cheers for the comments and great advice from chewy 5.2 😉
binz ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://flic.kr/p/W3Xsja

Just testing this works since photobucket kicked the other pics 😉
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: