Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=48dff608facdbbb241082fc64ec8b2dfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tusken Gaffi Stick (3D model/print)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Tusken Gaffi Stick (3D model/print) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
My tusken being 10 years old and having always evolved, I started to renew all the part over time. Today I finished my new gaffi stick, custom 3D model and print.

Pretty happy of the result Smile
It is made in 7 parts. 5 Printed ones :
- Head (very happy of its texture)
- Neck : connecting main pipe and head. I actually have 3 versions of it as this part was tricky to model and I didn't want just a simple 90 turn of the pipe. You can see two different ones in the 3D model hereafter, the printed one is my favorite, and the one from the last picture. The curve in it make a natural place for the thumb.
- Pipe joint : connecting the 2 pipes.
- Wings : the 4 wings on side of the smaller pipe
- Point : the end of the staff.
Then you have some 32 mm and 20mm diameter plastic pipes (not PVC, something slightly flexible, thicker and cheaper.

Can be unbuilt in 3 parts (second picture) for easy transport : neck+head, 32mm pipe and join+"metal" parts.

"Wood" parts : Base coat of brown spray paint, weathering achieve with black shoe polish.
"metal" parts : base coat of black spray paint, followed by slight coat of chrome to achieve dark metal looks + metallic paint to seal. weathered with black shoe polish, terra-cotta acrylic paint and some bit of red.

If anybody interested I can provide the 3D files. I think I could also make some gaffi stick on order, for something like 40/50$ fully assembled and painted, without shipping cost. (Would need to check how much plastic it take exactly).

Enough blabla, here are the pics !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: