Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f7f130797902a91413274c0ec3662b10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Jedi Costume (pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrak Foss ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: My Jedi Costume (pics) Reply with quote

I am looking for opinions on my costume before I submit an application. Please ignore the wrinkles and the garbage can. lol

Dance Commander (Andrew)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I noticed off-hand:

- The sleeves of your tunic will need to be longer. They should reach your knuckles when your arms are relaxed.

- You will need to hide/remove the buckle on the back of your belt. Also, I'm not sure that the buckle on the front will be approved either. May be easier to replace the whole thing; plenty of vendors online sell decent belts.

- You will need a lightsaber and covertech clip or hook/d-ring.

- You have a cloak and food pellets, so you will also need either pouches or an inner tunic (I recommend the inner tunic; I think Jedi look better with them).
Barrak Foss ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lightsaber and the clip. Just didn't bother taking a pic with it.
Pouches for the belt will be ordered soon.
Yes I did figure the back of the belt would be an issue. I am hoping my buckle will be fine. I wanted to incorporate a little bit of my chainmaille hobby and I thought that was a good way to do it.
I prefer no under tunic. I find it more comfortable.

Now the sleeves. I never thought would be an issue. I have seen many at that length.
kathgruben ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Barrak Smile

Great start on your generic jedi. For the sleeve length, the generic jedi costume standard (http://newsite.rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/) does state:

1. Outer tunic (OT):
a. Sleeved. Sleeves should hang at least to the knuckles when the arms are held down at the side.

The hem length is also a bit too short:

h. OT's (outer tunics) minimum length must cover crotch and buttocks.

For the belt, also a good start, and as Andrew already mentioned you will need to remove the closure at the back:

4. Jedi Belt:
a. Belts are generally two inches to two and a half inches wide, but the width should be in proportion to the wearer. Very tall or large costumers may need a wider belt. Very short people may need a narrower belt.
b. Belt closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible.
c. No Earth-bound buckles or buckles that obviously belong to an Earth-bound period, culture or to other sci-fi/fantasy genres.

I'm not sure if a striped belt will be okay, but the judges will give you that feedback Wink The chainmail is a nice touch Smile

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: