Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4e752dbdb204bb0918d24092c6fc5bcdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

who makes Endor rank badges?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Endor badge Reply with quote

Just an FYI:
I am very familiar with this seller. AKA Don Jarr. I have bought many R2 parts from him and I used to recommend him to others, however some of the casting resin that he uses has been of very poor quality. Most of his casts look very clean, but for a while, all of his resin parts would just shatter into small pieces if you dropped any of them.

Unless you know for sure that he is currently using quality resin that will be somewhat durable, buying from him is a gamble.
IF he is using quality resins, I don't mind saying that his work looks very good and is very well detailed. But if the resin used to cast the pieces is bad, they won't last very long.

David L.

Rebel_Scum84 wrote:
I bought one from this Guy in the Uk, I'm very happy with it.

http://www.djdesigns.eu/Endor_Commando_Rank_Badge/p2292763_10907618.aspx

He also does R2 pieces and Scout Trooper pieces (which can be used for soft pack upper greeble)
JohnMorog ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:
Somebody needs to hurry up and do a 3D model of these so we can start printing them as needed.

You are in luck! I am in process of doing a 3d model. It's nearly complete.
I'll post a link to it as soon as I'm finished.

For reference, I realized that these are the same as the box used on the bandolier for the bounty hunter Boushh. In theory, someone who molds these boxes should be able to mold the ERT badge no problem.

JohnMorog ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, for your use and ease of costuming, here is my 3d file for the Rank badge we've been discussing.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2373722

Just so you know I tried lol here is my research into some of the parts of this model.
I located the greeblie on the right side of the badge. It is part J17 of the Tamiya Midnight Special 1:6 motorcycle. I don't have $200 for the model... So 3D modelling was a good way to go.

That was a piece for the carburetor of the bike, so luckily someone had photos of one on ebay.
Actual carburettor next to greeblie for badge:

It's not 100% persay, but Microsoft 3D builder isn't the most advanced CAD system out there... Anyway, enjoy! I'll be making mine in the next coming week or two!! Very Happy Smile

PS sorry for the 2x post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: