Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ef3dcdd3c17dc07d308925ec46b570a1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anovos Han Solo Greeblies >:(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han_Sulu ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Anovos Han Solo Greeblies >:( Reply with quote

I just received my ANH and ROTJ greeblies and I'm not a fan of them at all.

Did anyone else purchase these? I feel like the greeblies are smaller than they should be. Because historically I was told that his belt width standard is 2 inches but these greeblies are a lot smaller than what the reference material has.

Thoughts?
Crazylegsmurphy ()

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anovos Han Solo Greeblies >:( Reply with quote

Han_Sulu wrote:

Did anyone else purchase these? I feel like the greeblies are smaller than they should be. Because historically I was told that his belt width standard is 2 inches but these greeblies are a lot smaller than what the reference material has.

Thoughts?

Which ones did you get? I can check it against the genuine ones I have.
Han_Sulu ()

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anovos Han Solo Greeblies >:( Reply with quote

Crazylegsmurphy wrote:
Han_Sulu wrote:

Thoughts?

Which ones did you get? I can check it against the genuine ones I have.

Where did you buy yours?

Crazylegsmurphy ()

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I have an actual Sparklets canister. Here are the measurements.

The "boxes" are not available as far as I know as no one knows what they are. The question I have with that company is whether their claims are truthful.

They state:

Quote:
accessories were recreated using measurements and reference taken from the original assets provided by the Skywalker Archives.

That is a pretty vague statement. I could claim the same thing, technically.

If they had actual access to the archives, meaning all the physical holsters, then great. However, I based on my research, I'm not entirely convinced. Looking at their holster, I see a lot of guess work.
Han_Sulu ()

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the caliper measurements they're the same size. I wonder where I can find the boxes.
ichnob ()

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try an Etsy seller for the ANH greeblies, or Solo's Hold, but they might have higher shipping charges.
TanRu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the measurements compare, but if you've got access to 3D printing you can download files from thingiverse and scale as needed:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:883687/#files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: