Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f84586ea18d5bef58911dfa95bca6e54Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Thoughts on ESB Jacket ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mal Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on ESB Jacket ? Reply with quote

https://www.black-leatherjacket.com/star-wars-han-solo-empire-strikes-back-jacket
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually looks pretty good for the price...it even appears to have some of the accurate stitching on the sleeves.

The color is not super-accurate. The screen-worn jacket is really not navy blue. It's kind of a greyish-blue and almost looks like denim. However, navy blue is acceptable for approval.

Nice find!!

"I may not be Han Solo, but I play him in real life."
Mal Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out. Pretty disillusioned with who custom made my vest .. even measured it myself and realized they didn't follow the sizing chart I sent. So for a jacket I will give these folks a try. I noticed they have a lot of size options to keep things pretty well fitted, I'm a 200 lb dude and the SMALL is their recommended unit. Wow! If the shirt and pants show up too big again from my other provider I can take a trip to the tailor .. actually really prefer that, stuff is super nice that way. Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind Navy Blue, this is my favorite Han outfit because it looks so swanky.

Already awaiting approval on my ANH and started working on ESB .. just because I can !
ichnob ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is really good. Cheaper than Magnoli, cheaper than what it would be to commission someone making the Dawn Anderson jacket, too.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following... I want to know how well the Large fits a 200lb man, too. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: The review ! Reply with quote

http://s346.photobucket.com/user/justinwlove/library/Han

I weight about 195, and they insisted I wear the Small .. take a look at their size chart. Personally I think it looks great and fits my chest / shoulders perfectly. However it is tight under the arms, I would go one size bigger than they suggest ... as I suspected. It "works" but is very thin. One of the judges would know better, but looks good to me! I will probably still commission Magnoli because I like this so much I want a high quality one to wear in and out of costume. I have worn this a few times as is, it's a decent spring coat and looks cool. The back pocket flap tends to pop open when I put it on, Velcro is recommended. [/url]
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The review ! Reply with quote

Mal Solo wrote:
http://s346.photobucket.com/user/justinwlove/library/Han

I weight about 195, and they insisted I wear the Small .. take a look at their size chart. Personally I think it looks great and fits my chest / shoulders perfectly. However it is tight under the arms, I would go one size bigger than they suggest ... as I suspected. It "works" but is very thin. One of the judges would know better, but looks good to me! I will probably still commission Magnoli because I like this so much I want a high quality one to wear in and out of costume. I have worn this a few times as is, it's a decent spring coat and looks cool. The back pocket flap tends to pop open when I put it on, Velcro is recommended. [/url]

Interesting. I'm actually more like 210 at the moment, but that's more belly (I do love some good home brew!) so I'll definitely take a look at the chart and shoulder measurements to determine my size. I decided to pull the trigger on a CosplaySky set, given the sale price (especially since I get a shirt and pants out of it as well), so it'll be interesting to see how that looks. Once I have it, I'll decide whether it's worth buying a second jacket from this new place or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab it!! For that price it beats the heck out of Anovos.I´d buy one.
Han_Sulu ()

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sounds too good to be true. Please post pics when they do arrive.
Mal Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a photo bucket link in this thread I posted.
ichnob ()

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snaps might be better to do than Velcro, since it's a much smaller footprint. Though really, most people don't even use the back pocket, so you could probably just sew it shut. The arm pocket looks a little low to me. Shouldn't it be closer to your shoulder instead of elbow? While it does look thin, I don't think that matters as much as long as the fit looks good.
Mal Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly,
One thing I have noticed also is the shoulder pocket isn't screen accurate. The flap should be thinner and almost a half triangle facing down I believe. I'm waiting on a new holster, once I have that I will submit for approval and see how it goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: