Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=70785eb39d7693f38a5bec27bbf7052dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Upcoming Alpha Base Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Upcoming Alpha Base Events Reply with quote

We have a lot going on the next few months! I've started this thread to help people who are not on Facebook in our Members Only group keep track.

May 13th: Ladies of the Legion Spa Day

Roster here: http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8616

May 13th: Monthly Meet & Greet

This month I'll be talking about:
-New member: Tabitha
-Possibility of joint Alpha Base & Garrison Titan business cards
-Alpha Base Picnic on June 11th (see below)
-Future Alpha Base Merch (see below)

June 11th: Alpha Base Picnic & Photoshoot
Caela has rented a shelter at Golden Gardens Park in Seattle from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. I'll be there around 10 AM to pitch the changing tent and start set up. Food starts at noon, and we need to have everything cleaned up by 2:00 because there may be another group coming in after us (full day reservations aren't allowed at this park).

That said, we don't need to fully disband at 2:00. If the weather is nice, we can stake out a place in the grass or on the beach to keep partying.

According to their website there are firepits that are unlocked at 4:00 PM if anyone wants to volunteer to manage a fire.

Photos are going to be much more laissez faire this year. I'll start a thread particular to this event soon where everyone can sort out the details.

Merchandise
I put in an order for Knights of the Jedi Order patches and lanyards, and generic Rebel Legion keychains and stickers. They'll be here by the June Meet & Greet / Picnic. The patches and lanyards are $2.50 each, the keychains are $2.00 each, and the stickers are $0.50 each. I rounded up slightly on everything and the extra is going to the cost of renting the shelter and etc. for the picnic.

We're also working on a new color scheme for the Temple of the Rains logo so we can do a patch run. I'll bring print outs of the potential new colors to the May Meet & Greet. We may also do a t-shirt run. We may also do a re-run of Alpha Base shirts through a different vendor. Comment below if you're interested in this, or if there is any other Alpha Base merchandise you'd like to see.
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

The merch has arrived! I'll bring it to the Meet & Greet and picnic.

I'd like to have a staff meeting that weekend as well. If you are current staff or are interested in being staff next year please vote on a time/place for a staff meeting on either June 10th or 11th: https://doodle.com/poll/gbrswwxcyu9wdzgy

I'd like to go over what my plans are for my remaining months as CO, talk about who will be in charge of what while I'm away at field camp for six weeks, hear from you about where you'd like to take the base, and talk about what someone interested in being staff should expect.

I'm at about 90% certainty that I will be moving to San Diego for work at Malin Space Science Systems in October, so I am 90% certain that I will not be running for re-election as CO of Alpha Base in September. Caela is also leaving the state, so both CO and XO are open for next year. If you plan to run, please do your best to make it to this meeting. If you're interested in one of the other positions, BMO/PR/merchandise/etc. you should also try to make it.
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Copied from the AB facebook group]

Update: The staff meeting will be right before the Monthly Meet & Greet at 6 PM since there is no ECCC meeting this month.

If you are an officer, or would like to be an officer for next year (including smaller positions like BMO, PR, RC, Merchandise, Temple Master, Squadron Leader, etc.) please do your best to make it to this meeting before our Monthly Meet & Greet.

I'd like to go over what my plans are for my remaining months as CO, talk about who will be in charge of what while I'm away at field camp for six weeks, hear from you about where you'd like to take the base, and talk about what someone interested in being staff should expect.

I'm about 90% certain that I will be moving to San Diego for work at Malin Space Science Systems in October, so I am 90% certain that I will not be running for re-election as CO of Alpha Base in September. Caela is also leaving the state, so both CO and XO are open for next year. If you don't think you have enough time to be CO or XO, taking on one of the lower level positions still is a huge help because it makes less work for the CO and XO. Here's what those positions entail:

>Base Commanding Officer (CO)- Is overall responsible for managing all Base events, members, social media, merchandise, etc. The CO also responsible for keeping up with what is going on at the international level. The CO must be able to deal with a large amount of drama, problems, politics, conflicts, and miscommunications at both the local and international level with impartially and diplomacy to find the best and fairest solution for the group. If there is a good supporting staff, this job is a lot less work than if there is no support structure, so choose your other officers well. Since we work so closely with Garrison Titan (and JCSG and the R2 & Ewok Builders) it is best to have some cross membership among your staff. It is also important that the CO be consistently accessible to both members of Alpha Base, and command staff of Garrison Titan. If you take annual breaks from the Legions due to travel or work, XO or a lower position may be a better fit for you. This is an elected position.

>Base Executive Officer (XO)- The XO is responsible for helping out the CO as needed and may run additional projects and events (i.e. Caela organizing the Ladies Spa Day and Alpha Base Picnic). If there is no Regional Captain (events coordinator), that job falls to the XO. This is an appointed position determined by the CO.

>Base Membership Officer (BMO)- Help current and future members with costuming and membership questions, and spread information between command staff and the membership. The charter allows for more than one BMO. This is an appointed position determined by the CO.

>Regional Captain (RC)- Respond to event requests. Since we do almost all events with Garrison Titan it is helpful if this person is on GT staff as well so that coordination is easier. This is an appointed position determined by the CO.

>Merchandise Officer (MO)- Create merchandise for the base, run pre-orders, order the merch, distribute the merch. More than one person can be MO. This is not an officially recognized RL position. This is an appointed position determined by the CO.

>Public Relations (PRO)- Run social media and assist the webmaster. Keep the base stocked on business cards and other freebie handouts like Base trading cards. This is not an officially recognized RL position. This is an appointed position determined by the CO.

>Temple Master- Keep track of membership of the Temple of the Rains, help new members with costume advice, propose and/or manage Temple and KJO merchandise runs and Temple trading cards. This is an elected position.

>Squadron Leader- Keep track of membership of Alpha Squadron and help new members with costume advice, propose and/or manage Squadron and Starfighter Command merchandise runs and Squadron trading cards. This is an elected position.

>Delegation Leader- As of January 2016 we have had enough members who are part of the Galactic Senate Detachment to have a base level detachment for all of our royalty characters. No one has ever stepped forward to set this up, but if anyone is interested it would be a fantastic addition to the base. This is an elected position.

Not all of these positions need to be filled, but the more that are filled makes it less work for the CO and XO. The entire five years I've been part of Alpha Base we have struggled to find people willing to be CO and XO because it is so much work when these other positions remain unfilled. By filling these positions you not only will make it less work for the CO and XO, but you will allow the Base to grow and do more awesome things.
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Base Picnic info is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1srLxtIwG0XnASx5fU5kWY9umtszPOeqj4tcAIwBcHpc/edit?usp=sharing

Please RSVP so we can get an accurate headcount for lunch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: