Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=200f43daed0651aceb348173b730cbf4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costume Opinion Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which costume should I do for the Rebel Legion?
Bastila Shan
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Resistance Rey
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Scavenger Rey (made but needs to be updated)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jyn Erso
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Leia Organa (Ewok village gown)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Padme Amidala (Arena battle)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Padme Amidala (Picnic gown)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 1
Total Votes : 1
Detailed Results

GiroGirl723 (Avery Bond)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Costume Opinion Needed Reply with quote

Hello! I'm thinking about joining the Rebel Legion Dantooine base as a Rey face character, but I'm a little torn on which costume to do.
I already have a Scavenger Rey cosplay that I could update to legion standards- but there are quite a few things I have to modify, including completely redoing the pants.
My other option is I could make a Resistance Rey costume from scratch- it would take more time, but I know it would be 100% accurate from square one.
My final option is to, instead of Rey, play a different character.
Any thoughts? I put a poll below listing the costumes I could do best, although other suggestions are appreciated. I'd also love to know if there are any particular characters that Dantooine Base has a shortage of.
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!

It's hard to decide for someone else what their first RL costume should be, but I would say if you already have a costume that would take you less time to get to RL standards, then I'd advise doing that to have an approved costume, and then take your time on the others. Usually, I find it good to think about what time of year you will have the costume done by, and if it works for the weather you'll be trooping in.

As for characters, we're really good at swapping off, or it doesn't matter if there are multiples for some troops. We have a couple of everything, which part of the base are you from?

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Thread: Jyn Erso: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79953
rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree with all of Vera's advice. It's certainly usually not an issue to have multiple people with the same costume as many have more than one. Here is the breakdown of what we do have just for reference:

Resistance Rey - 1 in STL
Scavenger Rey - 4 STL (2 aren't approved), 1 KC
Jyn Erso - 1 in STL
Bastila Shan - None
Leia Organa (Ewok village gown) - None
Padme Amidala (Arena battle) - None
Padme Amidala (Picnic gown) - None

I too agree finish what you have so far and then pick what you want to do next on what you really want to do.

501st - TI/ID/IC-8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: