Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a208d448d2003174f00e96e853689537Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo here is my question...where would Blue Squadron fall under? They fly both Xwing & Uwing. (of course the chest boxes are different).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are separate threads already established for both

Blue Squadron: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=912540#912540

U Wing Pilot: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77916

This will fall under Starfighter Command, and a standard for each is forthcoming when we have more information on the costumes.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awesome seeing it, but why, oh why, are no costume like it's ANH counterpart. Rolling Eyes
Those shiny X-wing suits... I think I'll just stick to my non-shiny one, thank you. Wink

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details on the new suits, I see visible zippers so I think these are real world flight suits.

If you have existing orange there is not a need to upgrade.

Rogue One ended right before A New Hope, so all that is in place right now is unchanged.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a completely new costume. New flightsuit, new vest, new boots, new gloves, new straps...
ANH will remain the same, but this will require a new standard for the Rogue One version.

My complaint as it is, is why they haven't tried actually making it match the original costumes. It doesn't make sense from a timeline perspective.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
It's a completely new costume. New flightsuit, new vest, new boots, new gloves, new straps...
ANH will remain the same, but this will require a new standard for the Rogue One version.

My complaint as it is, is why they haven't tried actually making it match the original costumes. It doesn't make sense from a timeline perspective.

Its pretty annoying and lazy if you ask me, but once we get confirmation on the origin of flightsuit the rest will fall into place pretty easily i think
KJO Council Member
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it hopefully should. Smile

And totally lazy. They could easily have made the costumes look much closer to the ANH ones they just didn't bother. The X-wing pilots aren't the only ones to suffer from this laziness. Confused I almost want to slap whoever decided keeping consistency wasn't important. The devil is in the details, and the details makes or breaks a movie.

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people (who are not us) wouldn't even notice, so I'm sure they put their money where it did the most good.

There is NO Orange Mafia
Jabari ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Visual Guide it's "costumes like you remember them" instead of recreating low-budget 1970s stuff exactly. Wink
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, but all the costumers do notice. Wink I pity whoever takes on writing the new standard for the Rogue One version, since basically everything is changed. It will require quite a bit of research to do this.

Jeditid ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our guys in the UK asked on Twitter if the suits were existing suits or all custom.

I'm afraid to say they said what we all feared - all custom made - but we'll have to get this confirmed at the event in London later this month.

I still they are based on a real world suit and in all liklihood the CWU-1/P 1960's flight suit is the model. Nothing else comes close to style and design and the material they are trying to copy is Rayon.

These suits are available in some sizes but could be expensive to dye and make a mistake - also it needs mods to make 2 large pockets, map pocket on leg and the code cylinder pocket. So it maybe awkward getting spare material. There is a hood with the suit so thats an option.

If anyone has more info please post up !
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Yes, it hopefully should. Smile

And totally lazy. They could easily have made the costumes look much closer to the ANH ones they just didn't bother. The X-wing pilots aren't the only ones to suffer from this laziness. Confused I almost want to slap whoever decided keeping consistency wasn't important. The devil is in the details, and the details makes or breaks a movie.

My guess is that those old style suits don't look half as pretty as the shiny nylon in high-rez & 70mm Smile
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Maybe. But that doesn't explain why the even changed Leia's costume around... (that was silk).

Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philonius wrote:
My guess is that those old style suits don't look half as pretty as the shiny nylon in high-rez & 70mm Smile

I watched the behind the scenes disc on the Blu Ray recently and that's the gist of why they made changes to many of the iconic costumes. They specifically showed how the OT TK buckets had stickers on them. For RO the costume department made new helmets with built in vents instead. It looks cooler and more "authentic" even though it may not match completely with ANH.

In looking at the differences between the pilot flight suits (TIE as well as X-wing), I would say they did the same thing. More details, more "realistic" looking nylon fabric, etc. I'm digging all the extra pockets and even the quirky zippers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: