Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09c682ab871dec6db23b3681149a30f5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ghost Base--- 4/7-4/9 Tekko 2017 Pittsburgh PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiogar_ag_Fiach ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Ghost Base--- 4/7-4/9 Tekko 2017 Pittsburgh PA Reply with quote

Well, Tekko 2017 is in the books, time for mission report.

First, thank you to all who trooped or squired this event. There were some trying moments for us all, but it went well overall for a first time, and we were well received.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ppW ... 2kyRVZPNXM

This is the link for the pics I've managed to find, I'll add more as more get posted. They haven't uploaded the star Wars maniquine challenge yet.

In attendance were myself, Kyle Graper, Trey Walker, Ashlee Carrozza, Tim Bentley, Stanley Griffin, and Loujay McPherson. We also had a few others who were there as attendees who trooped/squired unofficially. So thank you as well to Spencer Huff, Drew Cervantes, Anastasia, Bruce, and Vaughn Patrick.

It been a few years since I had been to this convention, and I am glad to see it is as I remembered. Tekko continues to grow, this year hitting something in the 8000 neighborhood by the numbers they are publishing. The David Laurence center is a great venue, with lots of places for dramatic shots.

We were well received by the audience; I know personally I never got more than fifty feet before someone stopped me for pictures or questions.

The foot traffic at our booth was low at times, but there are some ways to bump that. Blast a troop, more display items ect. Also, bringing a backdrop next year to block the sun, it was toasty at times.

The response from our walk around was really good though. I saw the proper mixture of joy, awe, and "oh crap" when Sidious and Vader marched together. Smile

Kyle Graper - Line Officer

Trey Walker - Endor trooper/ clone trooper

Ashlee Carrozza - Endor trooper

Tim Bentley - Rebel Trooper

Stanley Griffin - TK

Loujay McPherson - Darth Vader

Jeremy Sweeney - Darth Sidious

Friday:
The con started Thursday, but Friday is the first real day. Got there at 830 to get signed in and sent up the table. I suited up, and got the table prepped. Once Trey, Ashlee, Kyle, and Stanley got there we started taking shifts between the table and roaming. I had to leave for a few hours at 8 to run my panel in the gaming area.

Saturday:
This was the big day. The day of both the annual Tekko Star Wars photo shoot and the Rave...er "dance".

Trey and Ashlee got the table set up, I was a bit late owing to some con business. We again alternated table shifts and roaming.

The photo shoot was a big one. It was awesome to see that many star Wars enthusiasts at an anime con. Lots of potential recruits. I'd say 80 to 90 percent of attendees are in costume at some point in the weekend.

The dance was a blast for all.

Sunday:
This was probably the most stressful day all around. Con attendance is low, so externally it didn't effect us much.

Owing to my obligations to the con, Tim had to run the table solo for an extended period. Also due to my phone mix up, we didn't know Loujay was there for a while. Sorry again for that.

When I wasn't at the table, I spent some time in the media area and con ops politicing. (Ironic...)We are welcome back next year, and I think we can have a larger presence. Part of the issue was not may in the con's command staff had heard of us. Now that they have a better idea what we do and what we need, I think next year's accommodations will be better suited. The media room and cosplay change area is all well and good, but there will be a better setup next time.

The guy who will be working with us from here out is more familiar with us. He runs a kids library program too, so he'll likely begetting in touch about that too.

It also might be better if we submit as separate organisations to get more tables /space. Just have 501st, Rebel Legion, outer rim and mandos all do separate submissions, then combine day of. We can still share with each other, they really don't check names. It would get us more passes overall. It's an idea, not sure if it's a good one.

I'll keep on top of em to nail down arrangements. They already posted next year's dates.

Also thank you to Kyle for being my backup, Trey for bringing props for the table, and Ashlee for the awesome photos. Tim also deserves a commendation for running solo for three hours on Sunday. Drops in the last week left us a bit short on people, and I had to work a panel from 11am until 2. It's a busy time of year, though, with celebration and other activities and these things happen.

I've been asked to work staff again, if I say yes I'm not going to run panels on Sunday. Now with my foot in the door, I have that option. That will hopefully alleviate some of the stress.

All in all it went about as well as expected. That is to say, everything unfolded as I foresaw.....

Thank you again to all those who helped. I can't wait until next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: