Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f5a8e494796c6d98635399b8f29f2676Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo pistol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orvol ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Han Solo pistol Reply with quote

Is the Nerf water gun acceptable for Han Solo or any of the Rebel Legion costumes?
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say, I am not fan of those (and similar) toys ... Sad

Mainly because there are available in lot of way better representations of required prop:

I know, it is not answering your question, but I would suggest to look for better prop Wink

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Commanding Officer
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, where can you get that prop? I am in the market for a new DL-44 ANH style for my Han outfit...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
rlobrecht ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Doopydoos. Probably the ANH hero, but I'm not an expert of the various DL-44s.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a resin cast, and most like the Doopy Doos.

I'm not much of a fan of resin, personally. Far too fragile. Drop it once, and instead of one blaster you have a bunch of pieces of blaster. Holster it wrong, same deal. It can be very detailed and quite accurate... GREAT for a shelf display. But not trooping.

Best ANH blaster (for the money) right now is the airsoft Han Solo blaster from Evike (AW Customs). The grill isn't quite right, and the scope is a little too long, and the bottom ring is oddly rotated, but other wise, it's a very nice all metal piece that's otherwise pretty darned accurate, and ready to troop out of the box. And a functional airsoft, if that's your thing! Very reasonably priced, for what you're getting.

If you want something spectacular, DEC is doing a presale of their completion kit for the Denix Mauser right now, but it's a bit of work to build it up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for the info! I do not mind resin. I had an ESB blaster before and I trooped very well with it. Of course, I was very careful just in case. Ended up selling my entire ESB Han costume and the blaster went with it.

Now I turn to an ANH blaster...this never ends!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: