Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21ce4fec4a806a95bd7ca84ec08c056aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sabine helmet 3D WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krash ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Sabine helmet 3D WIP Reply with quote

After seeing how much fun I had building my TK for the 501st (and all the colorful words I used) my 8 year old daughter decided she wanted to do a Sabine. Since she is growing so fast we decided to try and 3D print her helmet instead of buying one.

Like many others I found the Bo Katan design on Thingiverse. I've since started to modify it to be closer to Sabine. I'm quite technical but 3D modeling is new to me.

The links to the main helmet file where I've been doing the modifications are below and here are a couple of screenshots. I'm putting these out there for anyone to use/modify, partially in the hopes someone with better skills can clean it up.

Linked are 3 files- the .mix for Meshmixer (where I've been working). Plus a .obj and .stl for use in whatever your favorite tool is.

Right now this is just the main helmet body and I haven't cut it up for printing yet. I have the rangefinder in a separate file, and still need to make the ear pieces since those are the biggest change from a Bo Katan.

Feedback/hints/help appreciated, and I'll keep updating here as I get closer. I think the main body is nearly done/close enough that I can fix it with sanding and a little Bondo. Next up is making the ear parts and then starting to slice and print. I might also smooth more as I learn how to use Meshmixer better.

.mix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9pzwiofuhctdsb/sabine_3.mix?dl=0
.stl: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l3l0hf9s7xmuvg/sabine_3.stl?dl=0
.obj: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrwwlr2s212ttsz/sabine-3.obj?dl=0

stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I did not know 3D could do that - most I have seen only have about a 8" diameter. Can't wait to see the printed result.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State

Your past is who you are today so move forward and don't look back
Krash ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops- I went to do a test print and there are all sorts of errors in the model. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Might just have to go buy her a helmet instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: