About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0222df17d1544a1f3b346c4ccd92fe32Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costume reference pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Costume reference pics Reply with quote

I took the liberty to start taking screen caps of the Star Wars movies, and started witht he least likely ones to have references elsewhere. The Ewok Movies. Here are the ones from the first movie, Hope it helps someone.

http://public.fotki.com/RebelLegion/reference/rebel-sympathizer/
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Ed. Just don't put any Holiday Special crap up there. I believe the current costume standards call for the immediate execution of anyone who submits a Holiday Special specific costume. We don't want to encourage making one by providing reference pics.
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started on the second ewok Movie. so more will be coming soon.

And Matt, I was planning on capping the Holiday Special. It does have some good shots of the aliens in the cantina, And I may do a Harvey Korman Costume as well.

Or the Art Carney one.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I want see someone pour a drink into the top of their head.

Someone should do Bea Arthur's costume, too.
Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
LOL I want see someone pour a drink into the top of their head.

Someone should do Bea Arthur's costume, too.
Razz

Someone did Bea Arthur's costume years ago (at a WorldCon in LA, I believe).. also someone also did "Itchy" which was pretty unnerving and creepy to see up close. LOL (I always look at Itchy and think..."mange")

Very Happy
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain that the Itchy mask was re-used in Willow for the trolls.
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished viewing the second ewok movie, just have to go over the pics, edit them a little and then post them up.

Found some interesting details on the jumpsuits seen in the movies. I'm really to the point that I think all the jumpsuits in the OT were modifed.
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, the Ewok movies are done, but the location of the pics has changed from the Legion photo album to my own. For a couple of reasons.

http://public.fotki.com/Reaper63/movie-reference-pictures/ewok-movies/

There are 12 pages of photos from both movies, included here are pics of the ships and weapons as well. It's interesting, Seems the Towani Blaster carbine is a converted paintball gun, with some greebles added. The Maurarders' weapons from the second movie are a collection of movie weapons wrapped in canvas, with additional greebles added. And a few new ones as well, including a blaster pistol based on a revolver. I may try to reproduse this one.

Noah's Blaster pistol is a Converted Bespin Security Blaster. I was surprised to see that this morning as I was working on the photos.

Most of the costumes are Jumpsuits. And none of them have the converted collar of the movie flightsuits, but most have the comm pocket added to the left wrist. The rest of the pockets seem to be costume arranged. Most to hold small tools.
In the second movie, Cindel's Father has a tab just above breast level on the suit. To make sure the zipper doesn't come down maybe.

Also of note, Eye glasses are seen clearly in the movie. Noah wears them throughout the movie.

Let me know if there is anything else needed. I'll be moving on to the Original Trilogy next. There should be ALOT of reference pics coming soon. (This will include all three versions of the movies Theatrical, Special Edition and DVD edition)
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread resurrection!

I noticed that Mace and the dad are wearing Endor Commando vests in the second movie. In the first movie, Mace wears a vest but of a very different design.

M

Stormtroopers: The Other White Meat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: