Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1df20f85ed87601aca827671e40aa749Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female Bodied Anakin build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibikin ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Female Bodied Anakin build Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
As the title states. I am a female bodied person. I have been working on my build for Anakin for a while. Over a few years of improvements.

I went to Eva for my tunics, robe and cloth tabbards.(Worrying about the material for the outer tunic being correct) Went through claudio for my leather parts..belt,glove and leathert tabbards Pouches from civilizedgalacticgear
I have few things I need to work on, such as Accurate boots in a very small size. I can find few front zipping/Anakin boots that would fit a size 6 womens/ size 4 mens boot. I am looking into having a custom pair made.

I know there are some female Anakin costumers on the site.
If the costume fits the body well, is in per portion and meets criteria (Something I am still working on) is the gender of the person held against the applicant?

I know it is a matter of pulling off the character well. I do bind my chest. I know how to do it properly as I have been portraying male characters quite often. The layering of the costume does a good job at hiding my figure. However I will never have the exact body type to likely look identical to Hayden.

However one thing that I cannot change easily without insanely high platforms is my height. I am not super tall. .

I suppose I just have my worries about applying and being female. I haven't worked on a generic jedi costume as I have put all my focus for years into Anakin.

I would be happy to get someone to take some pictures soon. So I can post them here and input can be given
(Ignore the sith eyes in my icon. I wont be applying with them!)

Thank you!
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is the gender of the person held against the applicant?

no.

gender doesn't matter. we have female luke skywalkers and female han solos.
it's all good. as long as you can pull off the costume within the requirements.
it sounds like you're on the right track. cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. I had a hunch it would be fine if the costume was well enough done but I wanted to remove doubt.
~

I took some shots of what I have for my Anakin. I already know there are a good amount of flaws in the shots. they arent the best as I took them myself. When I have someone else to help it will be better

I can see that the obi is bunched up and needs fixing. I am guessing the fabric tabbards are too long and the leather tabbards currently have no velcro and cannot be stuck down thus they moved about quite a bit during the shooting of these, slowly moving down. So I need to fix that.

But if anyone has any advice about anything feel free to help. Sorry for my mess of a home!

Also I am aware piercings are not allowed I will take out my piercing when I apply.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you know what you need to do. Smile
And don't worry about being female; we have a great Anakin in our base and no one has ever said otherwise to her.

I have a question; I can't see the texture of the tunic(s) so maybe you could post some close ups?

The KJO reference gallery: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=anakin-skywalker-episode-iii

Some of the promos are very dark, but I like 6, 10, 11 colorwise. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Chibikin ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly looking at the pictures , I worry the out tunic is the wrong material. I got it from Eva Vanecek but I am unsure of the material used

Which from the reference and comparison I wonder if I will have to get a new tunic set , or at least the Outer Tunic.

Here is a up close shot of my outer tunic and under tunic. layered on each other

Just wondering what direction I should go in.
Right ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

English is poor, and I'm sorry

http://www.clothearscostumes.com/

Clothearscostumes outer tunic is good!

My costum is Clothearscostumes!
Chibikin ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the link to the clothears. I am inquiring with them about the outer tunic and boots

I am hoping to see if they can do a custom order. Being smaller it has been hard finding people who are willing to take custom orders for my size. So hopefully things will work out

Thanks again
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm afraid your current OT doesn't have enough texture in it.

Luckily even if you get something too big, taking in is easy. Taking out is impossible.

Good luck. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Right ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakinboots of this site are perfect!

https://m.facebook.com/JDOSprops/
Chibikin ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not surprised to know the texture is wrong for the OT. I had my doubts once i received it I had my guesses that it would need to be replaced.

I will do my inquires into replacements for it and for boots and return for more feedback once I have the new parts!

Thanks for the help!
Matt2 ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psab Keel on this forum makes great outer tunic.

JDOS makes best boots in the market, just going to have to wait over a year to get your boots in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: