About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b44e15b28cfe34c31b726cb69658394Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Make-A-Wish charity event

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Trooper ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Make-A-Wish charity event Reply with quote

Last saturday (17th of february), the Benelux Base participated in a charity event organised by Make-A-Wish for a 10 year old cancer patient...... MAW asked us to make a special appreance and of course as the Rebels we are we said yes !

Bart, who is a real Star Wars fan didn't know anything about the day that was planned out for him. Seeing that boy smile by our appearance in Star Wars outfit made it all worthwhile..... and it helped him to forget for one day the hard time he is having and his long way to recovery.

He still has a long way to go but knowing now that the force is strong with him we rest assure he will make a full recovery. As soon Bart is better he will be invited also as a VIP on our next big convention.

So to Bart, one of the biggest and bravest Rebels I've ever seen, god speed and a very quick recovery so you can hang out again once more with the new Rebel friends that you've made

Just follow the links to look at the pictures of that day ! (more will follow)

Picture 1

Picture 2

DT

Last edited by Dark Trooper () on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Master Jevaho (Jeffrey Van Hove)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really regret not being able to have joined you guys there. My girlfriend was. So i saw the pictures and it seemed like a great thing to do! Let's do it again sometime

PtrsonsZOO (Jennifer Peterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fantastic event! Congrats on the success. Very Happy

PS-Looks like your second link isn't working
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dark Trooper ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoined this very much. To see that little boy smile because of our personal appereance at his home, there's absoluty nothing that can compete with that.

There is nothing harder for parents I think then having a sick little one at home, in the case one with cancer. I never thought about it in the past but since I became a daddy myself recently I do realize this must be hard on the parents.

Our prayers and support go out to them and we will be there when things get tough but the good news is that Bart is recovering very well and yes I keep in close contact to keep up-to-date.

I would like to do something like that a few times a year. This is what it is all about people and I can say for sure right now there is more to come !

*** EDIT *** cleaned up the first post, link repaired

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Benelux Base -> Benelux Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: