Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe0ab971730bb63c9a0ca9713c6b1c03Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Acceptable boots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Princess (Jordan West)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Acceptable boots? Reply with quote

Hi! I'm looking at options for X-Wing pilot boots and wondering whether these would be acceptable:

http://www.payless.com/womens-parker-riding-boot/134835100.html

I assume the weird open seam at the top would need to be stitched closed or covered, but thumbs up otherwise?

They said to dress for the job I want, so I'm dressing like a badass space princess.
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read the reviews on that boot you linked to. Apparently what you get won't look like the photo.
And given that it's a low price boot, the quality may be horrible and may be tough on your feet to troop in.

Boots are expensive, but it's better to pay a little more and get some that are quality and comfortable. Decent deals can be found, you just need to search for them.

Engineer style motorcycle boots are acceptable and usually good quality.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Xelement+2440+Women%27s+Classic+Motorcycle+Advanced+Engineer+Biker+Boot

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Womens-Motorcycle-Boots/Xelement-2440-Womens-Classic-Motorcycle-Advanced-Engineer-Biker-Boot/49543.html
Jetsi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized yesterday that the Funtasma boots I had were not going to work as they disintegrated as I walked with my kids for Halloween.

The two examples you show both have buckles and it seems every engineer or motorcycle boat has buckles as well. Do you just take the buckles and straps off of a slip on Boot? Blouse the pant leg over the top buckle?
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsi wrote:
I realized yesterday that the Funtasma boots I had were not going to work as they disintegrated as I walked with my kids for Halloween.

The two examples you show both have buckles and it seems every engineer or motorcycle boat has buckles as well. Do you just take the buckles and straps off of a slip on Boot? Blouse the pant leg over the top buckle?

Correct! The lower straps with buckles need to be cut off. You can place several layers of masking tape under the edge where you need to cut to help protect the boot. Do not cut the boots stitching! Just cut next to it. Make several shallow cuts with an exacto blade knife or utility knife. If you go slow and gentle you should be able to avoid cutting into the boots themselves.

The top buckle is functional to the boot and does not need to be removed, but it is suggested that you blowse your pant leg down over it for submission photos.

David L.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really want to find something close to these surplus German Jackboots

From the standard:

X-Wing pilot (Episode IV; VI), Y-Wing pilot (Episode IV):

2). Mid-calf black boots (Jack boots or engineer boots are acceptable. Leather pull-on style preferred with low heels. No laces. No ankle buckles (small buckle at top edge of boot allowable if covered by blousing). No non-black zippers. Any zipper closure must either be hidden or on the inside calf. No zippers on front or outside calf of boots. High-Calf boots are acceptable with sufficient blousing of the flight suit legs.)

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: