Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08c282cbf29cd550eecdfc49b03c2b1aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"Disguise" Costumes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I rationalize that is, Tuskens and Jawas are simply NOT Imperials. Just like smugglers and pirates and whatnot, so they would much more fit in with RL than the 501st.
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. They're not imperials but they're bad.

Boba Fett isn't technically an "Imperial" but is a 501st costume.
Endor Base: Skywalker Temple - Corsair Squadron - Jeerota Tana
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980

Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fett primarily did work for the Empire in the context of the films. The Mando Mercs also accept Boba Fett costumes, so his shared allowance reflects his shifting loyalty for hire. He also never worked for the Rebels, or anyone who helped the Rebels. Jawas are far from evil, they're just scavengers. Tuskens will take down anyone who wanders upon them, so that's not "evil", just ruthless. I see how there's a gray area, but the Rebels are honestly a gray area too, because there's an established system of law and order, and they operate outside of it. Rogue One exposed the much seedier side of the Rebellion that we hadn't previously seen so much of. All the more reason why the RL should expand the roster.
Colin1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,..the Jyn disguise won't be considered for RL approval because it's an Imperial uniform....

So...why is Juno Eclipse approved? Her outfit is IDENTICAL to the 501st approved version,minus a rank badge and hat...

Why are Clone Shocktroopers approved? They only appear in the movie AFTER Palpatine dissolves the Republic and creates the Empire,and we only ever see them serve him. Thus,..they are IMPERIAL Troopers.

501st Troopers? They serve under DARTH VADER, and their sole purpose in the movie is to kill Jedi....

Mara Jade? Again,..her approvable RL cossie is IDENTICAL to the 501st one..

I also take it Bohdi Rook won't be considered for RL either,..seeing as he is also wearing an Imperial uniform?

Also,..just an interesting observation. If you google 'Jyn Erso', guess what the first pic is? Yup,..the crew disguise.
Assistant Rebel Merchandising Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin1138 wrote:
So,..the Jyn disguise won't be considered for RL approval because it's an Imperial uniform....

So...why is Juno Eclipse approved? Her outfit is IDENTICAL to the 501st approved version,minus a rank badge and hat...

Why are Clone Shocktroopers approved? They only appear in the movie AFTER Palpatine dissolves the Republic and creates the Empire,and we only ever see them serve him. Thus,..they are IMPERIAL Troopers.

501st Troopers? They serve under DARTH VADER, and their sole purpose in the movie is to kill Jedi....

Mara Jade? Again,..her approvable RL cossie is IDENTICAL to the 501st one..

I also take it Bohdi Rook won't be considered for RL either,..seeing as he is also wearing an Imperial uniform?

Also,..just an interesting observation. If you google 'Jyn Erso', guess what the first pic is? Yup,..the crew disguise.

I have to agree here and with Kathy and Colin.
Bohdi is clearly a Rebel throughout the entire movie yet he is wearing an Imperial pilots uniform.
Mara Jade is an approved RL costume, which I mentioned before and it is the same costume that she is shown in as an Imperial.
Anakin is Rebel Legion as both Rebel Legion and 501st Legion in the SAME costume before and after Order 66
All of the Clones are the same costume before and after Order 66

And with regards to Kathy, if we werent trying to get the hair and jewelry and accouterments down as well as the fabric items of the costume, then we wouldnt be the CHARACTER as well. It would just be the COSTUME.
The requirements state that we have to have a Good Guy Costume from one of the 7 movies or other or be able to show that the character wearing it is affiliated with the Good Guys then it should be accepted.
Right on the main page of our site it states
Quote:
Do you own a professional-grade Star Wars costume? Costumes can be Rebel Alliance, Old or New Republic, Jedi Order, the Naboo, Smugglers, Creatures, Droids and any other ‘good guy’ characters.

Where do we really draw the line at "character"?
Bohdi is a Character and is a good guy yet his costume is Imperial
Jyn is a Character and is CLEARLY a good guy yet her costume is a disguise
Mara Jade is a Character and she was was an Imperial and then she was a Rebel and uses the same costume for each
Juno Eclipse is a Character and was bad and then became good yet her costume is the same.

These are all issues that we as a Legion need to deal with and cannot pick and choose.
Kallus is a Character and was a Imperial, and is now a Rebel clearly stated by Lucasfilm yet his costume is that of an Officer. If he were to take off the Imperial rank and such would that make him a Rebel Costume.
Bohdi didnt remove the Imperial Insignia from his costume yet his character is clearly a Rebel Legion character and people are already working on the costume. Are we going to deny his entry?

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Colin1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point to consider-the ground Crew costume is the very defination of 'blink and you miss it'. We see the guy guiding the shuttle in,we see another guy walking towards it..then 'poof'...the costumes/characters are never seen again. Except on Jyn. The costume exists solely for Jyn to wear.
On that basis alone, I feel it's a no brainer the costume should be RL approved. The 'Imperial version' gets a few seconds(literally) of screen time. Jyn wears it for a considerable length of time, thus to me the outfit is defined as Jyn. the Han/Luke stormtrooper agrument doesn't apply in this case IMO.

I just cannot wrap my head round the resistance this cossie is getting. It looks super cool, gives our female costumers another option over 'having to do' a Jedi/Leia/Pilot/etc,..and is the ideal costume to entice new members and to grow the ranks of RL. How is that a bad thing??
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a good case can be made for both approving and not approving imperial costumes into the RL, looking at how costumes have been handled previously. Both legions have a bunch of costumes that at least to me shouldn't be there if it was strictly about bad vs. good characters. The double standards are already in place due to which costumes have been previously allowed in the legions.

My general opinion is that disguise costumes should be with the 501st, like Han/Luke in TK, but when it comes to Jyn I think we should look at it differently. The 501st has said that they will not approve the Jyn version of the costume, and I think it would be sad if a well recognized costume from the film shouldn't find a plance in any of the legions, so for that reason I think the Jyn version should be considered for the RL.

And if we are going on about imperial costumes, well Bodhi Rook wears an imperial uniform throughout the film, he even tells other characters to ignore the uniform and trust that they are on the same side. So either we go for the imperial costume = 501st, or we go for good guys = RL.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin1138 wrote:

The 501st clones, are evil for all of 5 minutes in RotS (and that is being VERY generous). The rest of the time in media they are good guys. See: The Clone Wars series in it's entirety. Rex , disobeyed Order 66 (to the point he yanked out the mind chip). Thus was NEVER a bad guy and always a good one. He's over with the 501st.

What we lack is consistency. We have scores of "grey areas" in our current ranks. Visas, Mara, Juno, Palpatine. But we bicker about disguise costumes, from clear Rebels. Han, Luke, Jyn, Bohdi, Kallus. If a character is bad, then went good. What is the major difference from a character that remains good and just wears a disguise?

For costumes like Luke and Han, require helmet off (with proper hairstyles and colours). The general public will either get it, or not. The categorization is really for us.

"Utinni Eh?"
Colin1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why I keep harping on about flexibility,both here and on 501st. Yeah, the toon 501st troopers are goodies,..but movie style armour version,..clearly villainous.

If we were to adopt a similar level of,..scrutiny(for lack of a better word) across the board that's now being employed to deny the Jyn disguise costume,..then all post Order 66 clones should be denied,..Juno too, Mara,Bohdi,heck even Madine(wasn't he a defector?),..and likewise the 501st would lose pre-66 Clones.

Denying this costume,and from where I am sitting having TPTB not even actively discussing the topic with the membership, is incredibly shortsighted where RL potential membership is concerned.

I personally know a few costumers,members of neither Legion, who loved R1,loved Jyn and loved this outfit. They want to be an 'action' costume. Leia,Padme etc don't appeal to them,but this one does. So they'll end up in the 501st as the generic Imperial Crew. When common sense would dictate this,with the required changes to boots,gloves,and hair,..should be a knockout success of a dual Legion costume.
Assistant Rebel Merchandising Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly there needs to be a REBEL SPY/INFILTRATOR category.
As we have seen and will probably continue to see, just like in the most recent episode of Rebels, some of the Imperials are no longer Imperials OR as we have seen clearly in ROGUE ONE, that JYN ERSO and CASSIAN and BOHDI are in fact REBELS but are wearing the uniform of the Imperial either to infiltrate as Jyn did AND as Cassian did in order to get the plans. OR like Bohdi who never changed uniforms throughout the entire movie but swore his allegiance to the very end as a REBEL.

These types of costumes, just like Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguises should fall under a new category within the Rebel Legion, and if we are going to continue to work towards more coexistence between the two groups then both groups should be on the same page with this.

Obviously, if Jyn isnt going to be accepted into the 501st, then it is CLEAR that it is a REBEL LEGION costume
Obviously, if Bohdi is a Rebel and makes it clear to not only Rebel Command, Saw, Jyn, Cassian and the ENTIRE WORLD throughout the movie that he is NOT AN IMPERIAL, then he should be an accepted as a REBEL LEGION COSTUME and character.
And then we come to Agent Kallus, who is another defector, but because of his position within the Imperial High Command, will likely not do anything to his uniform UNTIL he is found out and is either hunted down, goes over to the Rebels completely or killed. But in the meantime, he is FULCRUM as shown in the last episode. He is a REBEL and should be accepted as a REBEL.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: